Sponsored

Myfordtouch to Aftermarket stereo

Multiplexity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Premium)
So I am looking at getting rid of MyFordTouch on my Mustang. I have looked into just straight upgrading to sync 3 but that is too costly and I cant justify paying that much for an issue that isnt THAT big of a problem. So I want Android Auto and app control and retaining my sirius xm. was looking into something like this : https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWV830B/JVC-KW-V830BT.html. my question is how will the climate control function after installing something like this? The Premium 2015 mustang doesnt have all the proprietary controls. things like temperature are displayed via MFT screen. will the controls not work at all , somewhat the same or is the only sacrifice I make being not able to see the temperature to know precisely what temp it is ? thanks for the help in advance.

UPDATE: did some digging on that thread about double din dash units for s550 and found this. here is one of them - http://www.abt.com/product/107908/Metra-Stereo-TurboTouch-Installation-Kit-995838CH.html good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited:

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Not trying to talk you out of that, but just curious why you aren't interested in the Tesla-Style unit or the 10/2" Horizontal unit? By the time you buy the dash kit and a double din radio, you're over a grand.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Not trying to talk you out of that, but just curious why you aren't interested in the Tesla-Style unit or the 10/2" Horizontal unit? By the time you buy the dash kit and a double din radio, you're over a grand.
the tesla unit is a huge POS

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Ever used it? Got it installed, or are you just talking out of your ass?
ive seen everyone complain about it......i have no issue admitting when something is good.... that unit is not... dont take my post personal... you didnt build the unit.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive seen everyone complain about it......i have no issue admitting when something is good.... that unit is not... dont take my post personal... you didnt build the unit.
Nobody that has it complains about it...

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrong person, but like the other guy said, why so defensive man, it's not like you built it.
Oh ueah, my bad. Either way, why so judgemental of something you've never used? I'm curious what makes you think it's a POS...

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I'm Chinese so I have a bit more insight into those vehicle specific A/V units. It's only a handful of the same companies in China that makes all these different custom head units. Features, pricing and the fabrication of such a vehicle specific head unit is almost too good to be true, but the quality and customer service is crap and non existent. You're buying a quickly engineered piece of old laggy android where if something goes wrong a few months down the road, you're screwed and only have the support of the forum. The instructions is either in Chinese or Turrible Engrish. The customer support you're getting now will soon be gone, so good luck trying to track them down in Chinese.

It's not like buying a double din dash kit and then having the ability to CHOOSE a reliable brand name head unit WITH warranty and CONSUMER protection.

Look at all these cheap head units that are custom fitted to different vehicle models
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors/6000/i.html?_sop=12&_from=R40&_nkw=us+cam+&rt=nc&_dmd=2&LH_BIN=1

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm Chinese so I have a bit more insight into those vehicle specific A/V units. It's only a handful of the same companies in China that makes all these different custom head units. Features, pricing and the fabrication of such a vehicle specific head unit is almost too good to be true, but the quality and customer service is crap and non existent. You're buying a quickly engineered piece of old laggy android where if something goes wrong a few months down the road, you're screwed and only have the support of the forum. The instructions is either in Chinese or Turrible Engrish. The customer support you're getting now will soon be gone, so good luck trying to track them down in Chinese.

It's not like buying a double din dash kit and then having the ability to CHOOSE a reliable brand name head unit WITH warranty and CONSUMER protection.

Look at all these cheap head units that are custom fitted to different vehicle models
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors/6000/i.html?_sop=12&_from=R40&_nkw=us+cam+&rt=nc&_dmd=2&LH_BIN=1
OP also said SYNC 3 is too costly, and going with a dash kit and double din unit will be just as much, if not more.

Also, as someone who has tested several Chinese units, I can say the Tesla unit is very well done, and I have had constant support from my vendor.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I am looking at getting rid of MyFordTouch on my Mustang. I have looked into just straight upgrading to sync 3 but that is too costly and I cant justify paying that much for an issue that isnt THAT big of a problem. So I want Android Auto and app control and retaining my sirius xm. was looking into something like this : https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWV830B/JVC-KW-V830BT.html. my question is how will the climate control function after installing something like this? The Premium 2015 mustang doesnt have all the proprietary controls. things like temperature are displayed via MFT screen. will the controls not work at all , somewhat the same or is the only sacrifice I make being not able to see the temperature to know precisely what temp it is ? thanks for the help in advance.

UPDATE: did some digging on that thread about double din dash units for s550 and found this. here is one of them - http://www.abt.com/product/107908/Metra-Stereo-TurboTouch-Installation-Kit-995838CH.html good luck!

I am using the Metra kit, one of the only things i like about it is the HVAC control. It only has a 10 step temp control for the base a300 stereo guys. having a 20 step temp adjustment would make the kit much better. Metra is releasing a revised kit, I am unsure what they are changing.

cosmetically the Scosche kit is nicer so you might want to take a look at the route also.
Sponsored