Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
We did.

In his case, he made the same power on two different pullies.

There is not a chance that the 2.9L is maxed out at less than 900whp.

So yes, something is holding it back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Confused... did we not just talk through that you can overspin the blower and make more power? Sounds like you are now agreeing the blower is out of gas and cant push more air. Or is there something else in doodguy's setup that is holding it back from utilizing more air?
Shouldn't be anything holding it from using more air; I have the large whipple throttle body, and their open air filter. Factory S550 heads with the exception of stiffer valve springs.

I did replace the oil filler cap with a filter, but that shouldn't have any negative effects right?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Have you gotten it down the track with the power you already have? Just curious.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you gotten it down the track with the power you already have? Just curious.
Ha! Nope lol. Need to learn to launch it. Need LOTS more practice.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
What are you using to log the car? Can you post up the log here? Id like to see what it is doing. I have a suspicion it could be tune related, I know Lund is all over it but would love to see for myself.

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
THIS^^ why people get so wrapped up in boost numbers and dyno numbers is beyond me. People are running 10s NA with these cars. I feel like the vast majority of the boosted cars would be faster with a better sorted chassis and less weight instead of chasing a dyno and boost numbers.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you using to log the car? Can you post up the log here? Id like to see what it is doing. I have a suspicion it could be tune related, I know Lund is all over it but would love to see for myself.
ngauge. how do I attach the log here? Its a .CSV; tried sending log it won't let me.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Shot you a PM with my email address

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I don't see why more people running big boost don't do meth injection, cheap, easy and makes power with timing, cools intake charge and bumps octane levels to 100-106 on 93 octane gas. With your combo a new calibration for meth injection with added timing should net 70-90 whp. I'm not making your kind of power or Boost but here is my new meth injection setup just installed. I've have not run the motor with it yet and will only be spraying a small amount to start with.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Different car and platform, but I netted 65whp without touching the tune, nothing but turned on the meth and let it eat. Yes it was rich, yes it needed more timing, but man it was like CRACK for the stretched out Whipple lol. After full tune up I made a total 85whp more all said and done.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Different car and platform, but I netted 65whp without touching the tune, nothing but turned on the meth and let it eat. Yes it was rich, yes it needed more timing, but man it was like CRACK for the stretched out Whipple lol. After full tune up I made a total 85whp more all said and done.
Now that's what I'm talking about:headbang: what was your Boost level and how much meh were you injecting, where was your nozzle placed, how many, and what size GPH or mil/min?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
17psi, blower spinning about 20k rpms, twin 9gph nozzles, straight M1 meth. The hemi whipple has a longer inlet, I had both located in the inlet, post throttle body, pre blower. Trunk mounted kit, running off my FC3 controller.
Underhood.jpg

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Don't have the pre graph, but you get the idea.
Dyno Sheet 2.jpg

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
From my research and talking to mike from Whipple, these cars need true head work to go much over 1k. Full port, polish, cams, etc....

I would look into the cobra jet intake and Watson ice box. Also upgrade to ARH 2" primaries.
Either way you have one badass car!!
Sponsored