Sponsored

Grill delete for intercooler - Worth it?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I'm gonna be installing my Procharger Stage 2 kit and I was wondering if removing the upper and lower grilles will improve flow to the intercooler enough to justify it.

I know many people do it for looks, but I'm curious if it would noticeably improve the effectiveness of the intercooler.

Any insight is appreciated! :cheers:
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man that intercooler already works so good,i dont think u will need to do a grille delete.

OP
OP
3beeps

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Man that intercooler already works so good,i dont think u will need to do a grille delete.
I figured so, but I see so many cars with the grille delete. Must be for looks since it shows the intercooler off a lot better.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm doing mine for looks

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Anytime you can inclrease airflow across the intercooler the better. The other consideration is air out of the engine compartment. Look at doing Roush extractor vents with it maximized for airflow.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Since my car is my daily/commuter, I did the grill delete and put mesh behind it to protect the intercooler/radiator from rocks.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Can't say if it helps with an air to air intercooler, but definitely helped my heat exchanger and under hood temps. Then I did the extractor mod and helped even more.

If you like the look, go for it. It's not hard and best of all free.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Your IAT's won't notice a difference with or without the grill. All about looks.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Any of you guys with grill deletes, is this car your daily driver? Any IC damage from rocks?

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Any of you guys with grill deletes, is this car your daily driver? Any IC damage from rocks?
See thats what im afraid of,and i know my luck lol.Mine is not a daiwindshield y has 6k miles on it,but on one of the very few ocassions i drove it to work a truck flipped up a rock and cracked my windshield.My luck i do a grille delete and find a pigeon head first into my intercooler:brokenheart:

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Can't say if it helps with an air to air intercooler, but definitely helped my heat exchanger and under hood temps. Then I did the extractor mod and helped even more.

If you like the look, go for it. It's not hard and best of all free.
Whats the extractor mod?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
See thats what im afraid of,and i know my luck lol.Mine is not a daiwindshield y has 6k miles on it,but on one of the very few ocassions i drove it to work a truck flipped up a rock and cracked my windshield.My luck i do a grille delete and find a pigeon head first into my intercooler:brokenheart:
I had to replace my windshield after a year due to getting a crack from a rock that spread across the entire windshield in about an hour. As soon as I get it replaced, 3 days later I get 2 rock chips. FML.
Sponsored