Sponsored

Boost Works Twin Turbo build progress

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Well I've made some headway and want to post some pics and info on what I've got done so far.

First off while waiting for the kit I installed my BMR suspension components, DSS 1400 hp axles and 1 piece drive shaft wrapped in BMR driveshaft loop. Also installed Viking shocks and BMR performance springs.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Here are some pics of the kit going on.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

And here it is almost done waiting on a few things

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

http://www.mustang6g
[ATTACH=full]235084[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]235085[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]235086[/ATTACH]
Sponsored

Attachments

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Nice!! How did it fit and how did the welds look?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Those manifold bolts to the head look really fun to get at.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Fitment has had a few issues we have worked through most of them. Welds look good. I am still waiting on my wastegate dump tubes and have a small issue with the wastegates and turbos.

Kit is not bad to install once you know what tools to use where. I'm no novice when it comes to working on cars and I did scratch my head a few times before figuring out the tricks to get everything installed. But to be expected when adding a kit like this.

Overall a very clean install, from under the hood almost looks like just a cold air setup. The large intercooler is a slight giveaway but other than that you can't even tell.

Hopefully as soon as this Texas mile thing is over I can get the remaining parts and finish this beast.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you don't mind me asking, were you aware that you would be missing components before you started installing everything?

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
DAMN! You literaly blew the rear end out of the car!

Kit looks great , cant wait to hear your review!

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Pwny
I got the kit in bits and pieces. So I have installed as I have received parts.

Big Johns
I installed a eboost2 boost controller. I want to make as much boost as needed to get 800 whp. From what I see that is about the reliable(I laugh as I say that) limit for most of the stock engine/trans components.

Sq

Thanks. I am very eager to get this thing running. And will share as much info as I can with everyone on my experience and hopefully will be able to help anyone with interest in these kits and shortcuts for anyone that will be installing one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
As soon as I get it running I'd love to take you for a ride!!!

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Any update on your progress with getting it together? Also, any tips you can share for the eBoost install would be greatly appreciated as I've never installed or used one before. I went with a Roush vent pod for mounting as that seems to be the most popular choice.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Still waiting on some parts to finish the kit. 8 months now and still don't have some basic parts. The comp turbos were leaking coolant and had to be sent back to comp for repairs. Didn't even run and would drop coolant out of exhaust housing and from zerk fitting. I sure would love to drive my car again. It's sat unused longer than I've used it, owned it a year and it's sat on jack stands for 8 months!!!!

The eboost2 install is pretty straight forward, I modified the ac vent to install it there by removing the internals and sanding down the vent to press the gauge housing into the vent. I looked at all the options out there but really wanted a cleaner look inside the car. My passenger may not be excited about losing their ac vents on the center stack but I think this look was the cleanest. The wiring is fairly simple wiring and a vacuum line. I have yet to use the controller or do any setup with it yet. As soon as I get it running I will start learning it.
Sponsored