Steeda tune to Dyno tune

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I made an appointment today for next Friday to have my care tuned by Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale. I will get a printout of the Steeda tune, and another after they make any adjustments.

I have no complaint about Steeda...just bored and want to mix it up a little. I have no real expectations for power gains, but hoping some gain is measured.

Have any of you changed from Steeda to a different tuner or Dyno tuner?
Sponsored

GodsWarrior93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Very interested on how the Dyno tune works for you, I'm also in the Phoenix area looking for a reliable mustang tuner. :headbang:

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Very interested on how the Dyno tune works for you, I'm also in the Phoenix area looking for a reliable mustang tuner. :headbang:
They have good reviews, and so far their customer service has been good. I originally wanted to add headers, but their quote was just way too high.

I'll give an honest review of the whole experience :cheers:

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am very interested as well, being in Goodyear too. I haven't heard to much about ford tuners locally. Recently discovered Modern Performance and Tuning in Glendale who's been tuning some high HP coyotes.

I know they did a roush supercharger, OPGs, and headers? I believe on a s550 that made 607 rwhp on our shitty 91.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had them tune my EVO back in the day and while it looked good on the dyno there was a lot of knock when daily driven (ended up tuning the car myself). Just make sure you run some logs on the road to make sure that you are not seeing significant knock. Have you looked into AMP performance in Phoenix or getting a Lund tune? I had the Steeda tune and switched to the Lund. The Lund felt stronger and had less knock. The gas here in AZ is total crap so I would really watch the knock especially with the summer heat approaching. There are some stations with e85 (I think it can be as low as e55 now) so a flex fuel tune maybe a viable option. Hope you get some good results.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I am very interested as well, being in Goodyear too. I haven't heard to much about ford tuners locally. Recently discovered Modern Performance and Tuning in Glendale who's been tuning some high HP coyotes.

I know they did a roush supercharger, OPGs, and headers? I believe on a s550 that made 607 rwhp on our shitty 91.
I have heard of them, but no experience dealing with them. I need to find a shop to quote installing headers and the CJ manifold/TB.

It sucks cause I moved here from OC CA, and my family went to the same mechanics for 25 years. I just need to find a good honest reasonably priced shop to work on my car.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah good luck man, I long gave up on trusting someone with my vehicles. Had to many issues.

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I had them tune my EVO back in the day and while it looked good on the dyno there was a lot of knock when daily driven (ended up tuning the car myself). Just make sure you run some logs on the road to make sure that you are not seeing significant knock. Have you looked into AMP performance in Phoenix or getting a Lund tune? I had the Steeda tune and switched to the Lund. The Lund felt stronger and had less knock. The gas here in AZ is total crap so I would really watch the knock especially with the summer heat approaching. There are some stations with e85 (I think it can be as low as e55 now) so a flex fuel tune maybe a viable option. Hope you get some good results.
I have heard of Lund, and I know a lot of people have gotten good gains with them. My buddy at work had his STI tuned there (Dyno Comp), and he's really happy with it.

I've been thinking about the flex tune. Are you currently running a flex? If so how much does it help? Do you need to change anything to run e85?

Thanks for the advice :cheers:

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
not all local tuners are built the same. Sometimes a local shop can tune the car but might not do enough of them to be able to get the most gains.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I do have the flex and the car runs great on e85! The nice part is it runs strong on the 91 as well. BTW I am not trying to discredit Dyno Comp in anyway just my experience. They are or at least were very knowledgeable in the Subi world. Thats why I recommend Lund as they know the Coyote engine. I just started running 91 again and they are working with me to fine tune my flex fuel tune to better adjust to the regular fuel (no extra cost and 4 months after the tune was purchased). One benefit to tuning your car with street data is it is more representative of the environment it will be driven in.

Sponsored

GodsWarrior93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was also leaning towards the Lund FF tune because of the shitty AZ gas and the fact i haven't really heard of any great Coyote tuners in the valley.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
unfortunately there was some new regulations recently passed that allow the e85 to go down to something like e55. The place that I go to now has a label saying something like 55-75 percent ethanol :(

OP
OP
AZStang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I'll be the Dyno-Comp Coyote guinea pig for the good of the forum:thumbsup:

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey if it works out well they may have several customers :)

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I am in Arizona too, I am not familiar with any solid S550 tuners in the state. I am Lund flex tuned and run the E55 available in the state exclusively. As for someone to do headers, AZMP, or PBK motor sports are both mustang shops and will install your headers for a very reasonable price. Jay and John are both honest and reasonable people. Car pulls great timing on E55, and you never have to worry about maxing out the stock injectors with full bolt ons!
Sponsored