Sync is the absolute worst!!

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Alright I'm finally at my whit's end with the base Sync system! It works as intended 15% of the time. I've just factor reset and here are my problems, maybe you guys can help:

Objective:
1. Play Maps through speakers
Sub-Obective:
2. Stream music from YouTube/music app/radio while playing map directions through speakers

All the freaking problems:
- Bluetooth won't connect, but when it does, audio from iPhone 7 simply doesn't come through speakers. Won't come from phone either.
- Connecting via USB gives me google maps audio BUT forces me to listen to the same 3 tracks I have on my phone. If I pause the audio tracks, MAPS DOESNT WORK AND PAUSES TOO!
- Resetting USB settings fixes the problem above BUT creates a new problem where audio from BOTH Maps and YouTube cuts out after playing for 1 second. (It fades, not stops abruptly)

Basically, I am driving from LA to SF and want music but have my directions. I would like to have my phone plugged into USB so Maps doesn't drain my battery, but whether I use Bluetooth (when is stinking works) or USB, I can't have both Maps and something I specify.

I'm ready to tear out this stupid system.. it's the absolute worst
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
why not use Car Play?

OP
OP
Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
why not use Car Play?
What's Car Play? Guess I'll have to look into it. Have any resources I could use? Most searches seem to point toward Sync 3 which I don't have.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What's Car Play? Guess I'll have to look into it. Have any resources I could use? Most searches seem to point toward Sync 3 which I don't have.

Don't all 2017 mustangs have Sync 3? Or is it just the ones with the larger screen?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Don't all 2017 mustangs have Sync 3? Or is it just the ones with the larger screen?
he has base sync, not sync 3...he's got this

maxresdefault.jpg

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
heres my question, apart from iphone 7 have you tried android?

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Set google maps to "Play as bluetooth call" under settings > navigation settings

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe its the phone

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Have you made sure the volume on the phone is turned up? Bluetooth streaming uses the volume setting on the phone. Set your car stereo at about 25% volume when you're trying to stream something and then turn the volume up all the way on the phone. You should be able to hear it.

OP
OP
Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Set google maps to "Play as bluetooth call" under settings > navigation settings
Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Have you made sure the volume on the phone is turned up? Bluetooth streaming uses the volume setting on the phone. Set your car stereo at about 25% volume when you're trying to stream something and then turn the volume up all the way on the phone. You should be able to hear it.
Yes, I can hear the audio, but it cuts out. Also, I can get blutooth to work, but it usually involves me deleting the phone from the system and disconnecting it several times and then adding it back. Usually takes a few times of doing that to work.

How does it break? Often if I turn off blutooth on my phone within range of the car, it will then refuse to work again. It also refuses to work once I plug it in via USB

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Mine has always worked just fine. Sometimes it switches back radio but I hit media and it starts up. I pretty much just use pandora. I also have an iPhone. From time to time I've had to pull the sync fuse to get it to restart. Happens a lot more in my 13 than 16.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Wonder if Sync 3 upgrade with nav would work? It would be a costly upgrade but I'm sure someone could test it for you.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, my android phone connected once, then quit and I've never gotten it to re-connect, guess I'll try pulling fuse, come here little manual_-_--.
Sponsored