Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I would be interested. However, something about the offset placement of the unit due to the different size bezels on the left and right really bothers me. The should have centered the entire thing instead of centering the screen to the surround. Or they could have made the metal bezel on the right side of the screen the same thickness as the left.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I would be interested. However, something about the offset placement of the unit due to the different size bezels on the left and right really bothers me. The should have centered the entire thing instead of centering the screen to the surround. Or they could have made the metal bezel on the right side of the screen the same thickness as the left.
I know I saw that and am not sure how it will look when installed, but it's a small offset and may not be that noticeable one installed and when sitting in the drivers seat. It's really a none issue for me, but I'll report back when I get it.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can't wait to see how good it is. I really want to be able to use/see my Google Music when driving.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Can't wait to see how good it is. I really want to be able to use/see my Google Music when driving.
I'm excited to get this in and do a review here. The DHL tracking show it left Hong Kong at 1327 the 18th and should be arriving stateside soon if it already hasn't. Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd. I just finished all the speakers and subs install yesterday. Trunk has been completely sound matted as well. This system through the pre amp outputs on the head unit should be clean and strong now.

50843601081__6C4DB336-6A83-4D58-920E-7F28A95FB7F2.jpg
50843254861__06297E55-220D-4FD3-842B-FF915CCFE3A1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice install so far and good luck with the android head unit. I just heard about the Hertz H8 dsp yesterday and I think I'm going to rock with that and the factory radio for now but when one of these companies finally nails a proper alternative, I'm all in.

Eleanor15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just seen this online and was thinking about buying it the dvr cam and tv digital antenna lol but I'm going to wait till your review

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Just seen this online and was thinking about buying it the dvr cam and tv digital antenna lol but I'm going to wait till your review
Yeah it has some nice feature that can be added on, your smart to wait until I get the instal instruction and DIY done.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I'm following this thread. I, too, am more interested in this than the tesla unit. It looks cleaner and I like having buttons :/

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm following this thread. I, too, am more interested in this than the tesla unit. It looks cleaner and I like having buttons :/
Fingers crossed it should be delivered today.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I ordered the Seicane unit on the 8th and it shipped on the 18th from Hong Kong. I think it was the 17th in the US. The tracking shows it going back a day when it arrived in L.A.

It was delivered to me in the Seattle area on the 20th. I immediately opened it and took pictures.

The outside box was in good shape. The unit is in a second box inside.

After I removed a letter and warranty card you can see the dash panel with the screen inside a plastic bag. I didn't notice the holes in the plastic bag until I removed it from the foam.

After removing the dash panel and head unit you can see the wiring harnesses, soldering iron and other components.

I removed one of the foam pieces to get to the dash panel and head unit.

When I started to take the dash panel out of the plastic bag that is when I noticed some damage to the plastic bag.

A close up of the screen shows some marks on the what feels like a glass screen. I sprayed some Windex on it in case it was dirt or something but that didn't remove them. They don't feel deep like scratches. They might polish out. I'm planning on covering the screen with a matte finish screen protector to cut the glare. It might not be that noticeable once it is in the car. I will send these pictures to Seicane. We have 30 days to return a defective product.

I laid out all the components that came in the box. I think the black sheet on the left is to cover the Ford factory printed circuit board for the 4.2-in. screen.

The last picture is the back of the dash panel.

I haven't had time to do anything more with this. I'm almost done installing the Raxiom factory fog light kit on my 2017 V6 Mustang. I need to finish that before moving on to the Seicane unit.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your's arrived. Hopefully there won't be any damage to the screen. I'll let everyone know what I do next.

Jeff
IMG_2770b.jpg
IMG_2772b.jpg
IMG_2774b.jpg
IMG_2775b.jpg
IMG_2777b.jpg
IMG_2779b.jpg
IMG_2780b.jpg
IMG_2783b.jpg
IMG_2785b.jpg
IMG_2786b.jpg

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for sharing your unboxing, and sorry to hear about the damage. Is it possible there is a peel away cover over the screen? Also sis you notice any directions on how to assemble the factory control board to the unit?

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
I was in a hurry when I opened the box. It might be possible that there is a very thin protective covering which I didn't notice. I'll take a look when I have time.

What you see in the pictures is all that I received. The "letter" that was on top when I opened the box said to go to their web site for installation instructions. What I found wasn't much. I couldn't find anything specific for our 2015-17 Mustangs. I'm expecting to figure it out as I go along.

There is a small bag of screws that I think are for attaching the HVAC controls to the back of the dash panel (or bezel). I plan on taking detailed pictures of this.

In the picture of the backside of panel you can see brass hex shaped threaded stand offs that I'm now thinking the factory circuit board will mount on. Hopefully there are screws for that as well.

I really need to get the fog light installation done. The car is on a Kwik Lift and needs to be back on the ground for the infotainment installation to begin.
IMG_2762b.jpg

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
It arrived and box was wet on th bottom and a little beat up but it's double boxed. I added my raw uncut unboxing video in the first thread and here it is again. Excuse me for the lack of control and video as it's un cut for your immediate pleasure. I am more than impressed with this unit the upper face bezel is mechined alum anodized black a very nice touch.