NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Single turbo kit utilizing stock manifolds sounds awesome, and especially at this price point could be killer. Way to go boostworks!

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Compound boost? Not sure if crazy or awesome.
Why not both? Crazy-awesome! But yea turbo + sc is not unheard of, it's been done, but is definitely on the uncommon side. What I've usually seen is one system propping up another, like if there is too much lag on a small engine trying to spin a big compressor. Same sort of idea as a little turbo and a big turbo in a twin turbo setup.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I'm curious if using stock manifolds will having have the mak cat deletes on the car already be beneficial if you don't want cats with the turbo?

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I'm definitely interested, as well.

Why not both? Crazy-awesome! But yea turbo + sc is not unheard of, it's been done, but is definitely on the uncommon side. What I've usually seen is one system propping up another, like if there is too much lag on a small engine trying to spin a big compressor. Same sort of idea as a little turbo and a big turbo in a twin turbo setup.

This is one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" and "too much of a good thing" scenarios.

IF you can get a decent tune for the setup, much less GET the setup tuned, the real problem presents itself - one of the two sources of boost will eventually start working against the other.

There was a 5.4L GT500 that was running a compound setup and the max #'s peaked at 4500 RPM with severe degradation afterwards all the way to redline. In this particular case, the Blower was in the way of the Turbos. Took the blower out of the equation and the car made more power and presented a much more steady climb to peak power and produced a nice broad, much flatter curve.

Sponsored

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Nice to know.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I'm very curious how Travis is going to design the routing of charged air from each manifold to the front since the stock manifold outlet is facing to the rear.

a) make a tight U-turn from each side to the front? This will give it a shorter distance (Pro) but that U bent can cause a serious back pressure (con).

b) route it to the opposite side to get to the front? This will make the route longer (con) but avoids the U bent and back pressure (pro).

Each has it's pros and cons.

The second point is where the air filter will be positioned, behind the radiator or on the driver side to get cold air?

Can't wait to see his deign. I love Turbos and the designs that goes to the kits. Well Travis knows it well.

Last edited:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
although i'd cry if i had to uninstall my headers, i hafta take a serious look at this...you're brilliant travis:D

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Dang, I just had SW headers installed..... Looking forward to seeing how this compares to the SC's.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.