Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Installed, Tuning Questions

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Argree :cheers::headbang:
Bad thing damm fans run on high ALOT,dont think their is a low setting anymore lol.But rather replace fans rather then head gaskets:D

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Before the blower, and before the 170, my Lund tune would kick the fans on a lot due to the temps going higher. After putting in the 170 they come on much less.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
sigh. do i buy a tune to fix a problem i have about %5 of time I drive, or do i save that money to buy a new shifter.

sigh
Get the car running right. It is money well spent.

I had a similar situation, where there had a few niggling issues that needed addressing.

I switched to a custom tune from Rob Shoemaker at Fonse Performance and my car runs 100% perfect now.

I can't comment on the Lund tune, but many happy Procharged owners on the forum rocking Lund tunes.

My main reason for choosing Rob was due to recommendation from other Procharged S550 owners on how great he is at tuning. He also tunes on HP tuners software and therefore there is not any unlocking fee. His rates are VERY reasonable too. Wanted to give him a shoutout because he really got my Procharged GT running sweet as a nut.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Bad thing damm fans run on high ALOT,dont think their is a low setting anymore lol.But rather replace fans rather then head gaskets:D
You wouldn't have pushed a head gasket for that little of change in temp. :)
Frankly if you pushed a head gasket EVERY even with like 25psi of boost.
You would have to be doing something majorly wrong. LOL.

I have pushed ONE headgasket on a mod-motor...
42psi of boost, stock block, stock heads.
Had an injector clog, and well.... knock knock. :)

We aren't allowed to make the fan come on 100% like that.
Due to not wanting to burn the fan up, and emissions reasons.
Not saying it WILL burn out (GMs used to when that was done)
Just saying after the GM's started doing it, we weren't allowed to touch the factory settings.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Get the car running right. It is money well spent.

I had a similar situation, where there had a few niggling issues that needed addressing.

I switched to a custom tune from Rob Shoemaker at Fonse Performance and my car runs 100% perfect now.

I can't comment on the Lund tune, but many happy Procharged owners on the forum rocking Lund tunes.

My main reason for choosing Rob was due to recommendation from other Procharged S550 owners on how great he is at tuning. He also tunes on HP tuners software and therefore there is not any unlocking fee. His rates are VERY reasonable too. Wanted to give him a shoutout because he really got my Procharged GT running sweet as a nut.

Rob's a good dude... and he uses our base files, so yes... no feeeees. :)
Our nGauges are unlocked so ANYONE shop can load files to it using HPTuners. :)

Feel free to PM me though, cause I would love to know what the issues were :) Thanks a million and have a killer Friday!

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Rob's a good dude... and he uses our base files, so yes... no feeeees. :)
Our nGauges are unlocked so ANYONE shop can load files to it using HPTuners. :)

Feel free to PM me though, cause I would love to know what the issues were :) Thanks a million and have a killer Friday!

Main issue was idling inconsistency. Sometimes it just wasn't stable, hunted whilst stood in traffic. Happened when the engine was both hot and cold. Didn't happen all the time, but it was a niggle that was bugging me.

I can't comment on whether Rob uses a Procharger base file, all I can tell you is that the car runs like a champ now, and I am very pleased with his service.

I appreciate the time you took to attempt to fix my issues during the first couple weeks of my Procharger ownership. I gave the canned tune a good try, but the custom tune was the ticket in the end. The canned tune was OK, but needed further work to dial it in, and to be honest after 3 weeks of having the car not running 100% right, I took the bull by the horns and went straight to a custom tune.

Car pulls harder, runs cooler and idles with no hiccups. And his tune is set on the safe side to ensure I'm running within safe margins, just as I'm sure the Procharger tune also does.

Last edited:

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I seem to be having a very similar issue with my Procharged Mustang.

I have been recording my Data Logs for a few weeks. Revising slightly as time goes on and all seemed to be good.

I finally get on a dyno and log on a tank of gas from a station I dont frequent and everything is way off.

Could someone look over my two files for me and hopefully tell me its fuel?

The first longer log has a 4th gear pull on it and seems to be ok with a sign of false knock early in the log.

The second as you can see is all over the board and not in a good way

Update: I am not sure the best way to upload the files so advice on that as well would be appreciated

Thanks

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Take the .csv file and upload it into datazap.me. Then post the datazap link here.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
What a mess... The "dyno" log must have false knock as no matter how much it pulls its still reading increasing knock at an alarming high amount.

The "street log" is even more of a mess. Timing is all over the place with minimal change in throttle. Ironically that short pull from 4,000-6,000 looks good. LOL

Both logs both long term and short term fuel trims are all over the place.

Is this on the Procharger base tune?

Edit: nevermind just saw in your signature that diablomatt tuned. Have you talked to [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] about this?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys using remote tunes or are these dyno tunes!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I could not get the filed pulled up at work,are the fuel trims adding fuel or taking fuel away.Does not sound tune related to me,i would check all connections,check injector connections and see what boost your making.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
yes im looking over them now. i was on vacation all last week and forgot to put a automated reply in my email :(

dave i think i asked you this before but did we check the tension on the belt? its weird as it originally had zero knock on the street and now its all over the place. something weird going on for sure. either way i replied to your email by the way. and once i finish these logs we can go from there. :)

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Matt
Thanks for getting back to me as always. Looking over all my other logs this did seem to come out of no where and trying to go back and think what have I dont other than drive the car and the UPR Catch Can setup went on right around the time of the knock getting much worse. Any chance this could be the culprit?

I did increase belt tension, but I will go back and see if it should be tightened up a little more
Sponsored