Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Tire's are my next large project and I'll need 10" wheels to run a 285 tire. I really enjoy your track feedback, I want to track my GT so bad, but it's not ready yet. Maybe next season It'll be ready. Thank's for the views.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Tire's are my next large project and I'll need 10" wheels to run a 285 tire. I really enjoy your track feedback, I want to track my GT so bad, but it's not ready yet. Maybe next season It'll be ready. Thank's for the views.
Actually 285 tires work very well with a 9.5 inch wheel (factory rear PP wheels). I installed on Advanti 9.5 wheels (which are slightly less than 20 pounds a piece!) with no bulge and no mushiness. Tire installed was the Firestone Indy 500.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
10" for a 285 would be my PREFERENCE (I have them on 10.5" rims and they're a little stretchy looking, which the import guys love). 9.5" is fine for 285, more ideal for 275 but... close enough for government work.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Love those RAYS man. The track video looks fun too, nice build:cheers:

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Welp... just blew a bunch of money on a tune package and driveshaft. Nothing like spending >$1K for few horsepower, but... well... the time has come.

Went with VMP, the SCT, and will be using a GT350 CAI. I know the GT350 CAI isn't what most people opt for (usually its: OMG, the pipe has an accordion on it that will screw up the airflow... no it wont). I like that it is made with OEM quality and I think it'll allow me to mount a FRPP driver's side catch can, if I'm not mistaken. It "flows" more than enough. My last Ford Power Pack 2 tune was a disaster so I hope this makes me happy. Went back and forth between all the various options... figured just do it so I went VMP.

Driveshaft is the new Shaftmasters aluminum one. Nervous about this on account of the reports of people putting on solid shafts and getting vibration, but I'm sure I'll figure it out if that happens. I'm honestly just curious what difference it makes - can't say I REALLY need a driveshaft and it's kind of ridiculous to spend $700 on something you already have, but... as I said earlier... the time has come. :)

Updates later.

Last edited:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Hope it all works out for ya. I read somewhere you can possibly go with aftermarket engine mounts that lower it down some to eliminate vibrations. Could be wrong.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Installed Steeda's fixed camber arms and also their tow links last night. That pretty much sums it up for replacement/support of all OEM bearings/bushings in the IRS! My alignment is probably all over the friggin' place right now, but I will get that taken care of later. I went with the fixed arms (+ the camber adjustment bracket) because I really don't see myself needing more camber than the factory adjustment can provide - at least not anytime soon. I went with the toe links because of the higher quality bearing where it mounts to the IRS subframe - the stock bearings/FRPP bearings are so loose, the toe arms can clunk.

I also installed the new Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft. Installation went well - hardest part is getting the 6 rear bolts out at the differential, which are loctited a lot. Unfortunately, as I worried about (and is just my luck), I am getting vibration - not on the highway cruising (which is butter smooth), but under acceleration only. All my car knowledge tells me that's typically a bad joint, but I do have my engine lowered .5" so I'm off to the shop now to measure pinion angle and raise my engine up to stock height, see what happens there in case it's a pinion angle thing. Other driveshaft companies told me it wouldn't be an issue (my engine being lowered .5") but maybe it is, I don't know yet. I really did NOT want to have to have this fight - but that's just how this is going to be. Been in cars with aluminum driveshafts before and you wouldn't know it's there. I've emailed Shaftmasters and will work with them to get this resolved, which I'm sure it will be. They have been very communicative before which is why I decided to wait for their offering.
IMG_0751[1].jpg
IMG_0754.jpg
IMG_0774.jpg

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
WOAH, nice. Lots of stuff going on. I think you may have more Steeda parts than I do. You getting a GT350 IM to go with that intake?

Sponsored
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
WOAH, nice. Lots of stuff going on. I think you may have more Steeda parts than I do. You getting a GT350 IM to go with that intake?
Nah... not there yet mentally to start modifying the actual engine. Especially since I am eyeballing a single turbo. :)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nah... not there yet mentally to start modifying the actual engine. Especially since I am eyeballing a single turbo. :)
A turbo? Ha, does it ever end? . . . . . . . . .

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Fixed the driveline vibration issue noted above by raising the engine back up to stock height. Driveline angles are in perfect spec now. No further issues. Excellent.

Great iPhone app made by TREMEC I tried out also says I'm wellllllll within spec. Yay!