Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Here's the 3/4 rocker
Although possibly need to do those side rocker panels too.

Looks epic though
It does look stunning. Matches the black wheels and sill panel skirt brilliantly. If I had black wheels I would be tempted. I don't think it would work with silver wheels, and my partner isn't keen on black stripes. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Forget about rocker stripes, Roush style side stripes complement the design of this generation much better.

Last edited:

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Forget about rocker stripes, Roush style side stripes complement the design of this generation much better.

Mmm.. prob looks slightly better than the rocker stripes.
Not fussed on either really. Although I couldn't figure out why I liked the the 3/4 rocker so much before but it's definately because of that fully black rocker panel.

EDIT: Actually - the more i look at that, it does look pretty slick.
If you are getting stripes though, i would go with OTT super snake and leave the rockers out of it

Still might do it myself, maybe in a year to change it up.

Last edited:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, it does look reasonably good, although the great wheels and lowering gives it a head start. However, I feel those stripes are a pale imitation for the original (below). Maybe it is just me...

119771_c95deb4d26_low_res.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
However, I feel those stripes are a pale imitation for the original (below). Maybe it is just me...
I don't think Roush had any intention of imitating the original Boss striping. There is perhaps a partial similarity, but the Roush design uses tapered shapes in the horizontal elements, no double pin stripes and they have very different proportions.

The Boss design is a unique and historical and fits the more boxy classics cars really well. It has been tried on the S550, but somehow it just doesn't look right.

Boss-302-S550-Mustang.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I don't think Roush had any intention of imitating the original Boss striping. There is perhaps a partial similarity, but the Roush design uses tapered shapes in the horizontal elements, no double pin stripes and they have very different proportions.

The Boss design is a unique and historical and fits the more boxy classics cars really well. It has been tried on the S550, but somehow it just doesn't look right.
I do tend to agree with you on all points, although the old school Boss stripes on those two cars are growing on me every time I look at them.

Anyway, here are what will probably be the last photos taken of my car before stripes are applied. They were taken by a friend and myself.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
new ride
rear1.jpg
side 1.jpg