Sponsored

Is this my life now?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I've had this GT less than three days and it seems like every sports car beside me at a light, behind me on the road, and even some in front of me are revving, tailgating, etc. I find it funny/entertaining, but I feel like it's gonna get annoying soon. Actually getting a car related reaction from me will be rare if at all. I'm beyond that phase of life.

I'm pretty sure a ricer that was tailgating/revving me last night actually came back to the restaurant I turned in to and sat in the lot watching me. No idea what his intentions were, but still...is this my life now?
Sponsored

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
And the best part..the only vehicle that has come up on me that might even be built/faster thus far was a WRX and he didn't do a thing.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
When you've got a classic American "performance"/"muscle car" and they see the 5.0 badge on the side..yeah..it's going to be a pretty normal reaction.

I had the same thing happen when I had my Challenger R/T..you get used to it.

Sponsored

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had my 15 for about a year. Still haven't had anything like that happen to me...

sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pony Package
This behavior was even more annoying when you're tooling around in a '06 Pony Package Mustang...all show and no go!

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I've had my 15 for about a year. Still haven't had anything like that happen to me...
Might be a southern united states/redneck culture kind of thing. I guess we'll race just about anything around here.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I had a guy in a black challenger probably a 2012 next to me at a stop light about a week after I bought my car it had a hood scoop on it anyhow he was doing the same thing to me and needless to say I think he got his feelings hurt because he wouldn't look over when he got to the next light.

People underestimate the ecobooms and just for the record I never try to race people on public roads but this guy was asking for it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Me and the wife have put about 5000 miles on her 15 and the only action we see is at the track.:shrug:Might get a thumb up or a nod from other American Muscle car owners but never a rev or aggressive driving.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I mostly have gotten pickups challenging me on the highway. No way am I going to start a race at 5 over the speed limit, though.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
I have to deal with someone wanting to race or want me to gas it at least once a week. I daily my car so I'm out and about with it every day. However, sometimes it's just someone speeding up to you to give you a thumbs up, like a kid in a gran prix did a few nights ago.
PJR202 you'll get used to it after a while, but it will probably border on being more annoying less funny over time. Oh well, you can always get a fusion like i had and become invisible. :ninja:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wait until you run into the random minivans and ratty sedans looking to get a piece.

Yes, it's your life now. :D

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Are you a chick ? :shrug:

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I don't mind any of it minus tail gating, which doesn't happen usually. more often than not its just another car enthusiast that gets excited
Sponsored