Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dont like the name. Dont like the fact that this isnt how the plans were really stolen. I think it will be a very good movie but im a huge expanded universe fan. Rogue belongs to Rogue squadron. Death star plans being stolen belongs to the Bothans.
57403512.jpg

The Bothans stole the second Death Star plans, as stated by Mon Mothma in Return of the Jedi.

Also, referring to the Rogue Call Sign, if you remember; Luke was part of Red Squadron at Yarvin. The squadron didn't take the Rogue Call Sign until after. So it could be in honor of the group that died stealing the plans an honor given to the squadron that destroyed the Death Star.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Personally, I thought it ranked up there with the original Star Wars and Empire. Dark and gritty. Highly entertaining movie.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Just got a chance to watch this yesterday. I definitely enjoyed it. The Vader scene was kick ass and omg feels at the end :(

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I took my family to see this on Christmas. Could not have been happier with this movie. Excellent movie dark, gritty, and the cameos were a nice touch. My 6 year old loved it.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
57403512.jpg

The Bothans stole the second Death Star plans, as stated by Mon Mothma in Return of the Jedi.

Also, referring to the Rogue Call Sign, if you remember; Luke was part of Red Squadron at Yarvin. The squadron didn't take the Rogue Call Sign until after. So it could be in honor of the group that died stealing the plans an honor given to the squadron that destroyed the Death Star.
This. As somebody who claims to be "into the expanded universe" you sure have no idea about what happened in Ep 4-6

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
It definitely has the StarWars feel to it.

More so than any of the episode 1-3 kids movie crap.

The time they took to rewrite before release was a good move.

Hopefully we will be done with the Skywalker crap after the next 2 movies and can move onto some stories that bridge things together or reveal the expanded universe.

Time for a dark side of the force inspired movie explaining how the Rule of Two came about. Even the Disney Star Wars Rebels talks of Darth Bane. Also let's focus on the mandalorians some more and show how they are no fan of the jedi nor the sith.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Watched it the other day, overall enjoyed it, had a really nice look to it and was fast paced throughout.

What I didn't like was at times the simplistic plot, a wimpy looking and sounding Darth Vader and lack of big name actors.

TC

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the Blu Ray. And watched it again. I love how it ends right where A New Hope begins.

The look of Vader was directly from A New Hope, not Empire or Return.

Both Galin and Jen Erso were played by known actors.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just finished watching it again and much like the first time, it kicked ass.

Love how Vader is a G (like he should be) and it tells a story not directly related to the skywalker storyline.

As far as star power goes (no pun intended) lets not forget Donnie Yen who is a crazy big star outside of the US.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Sucks Disney doesn't support 4K
Eventually they will. You can get the Iron Man trilogy 4k, not in the US yet though. I still haven't made the jump yet. I want a new 65" LG OLED but my current 65" LED is fine for now.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It truely doesnt matter unless it was recorded in 4k or higher resolution.

If it wasnt than upscaling is occurring somewhere; either at the TV, disk player, or even when producing a "4k disc"
Sponsored