Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
You still don't get it. The camaro is several thousands more and as of now, is getting blown away in sales. Aftermarket parts including Borla and Ford Performance don't need to meet sound and emissions requirements of the Manufacturer.
Yes Ford fixed the weight issue on the 350R, but how much does that cost? Average consumers can afford that? Yeah, didn't think so. I'm done here, this is stupid.
Here you go buddy! You are welcome!

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/res...&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=GT+Performance+Pkg

https://lmr.com/item/M1007M199B/201...v2&year=2015&gclid=CKGSuKXsqcsCFdgOgQodj_AGIg

Performance package wheel costs even more than these 20 lb Flow Formed Aftermarket Wheels! You be the Judge! This is also in the Wheels Thread if you are interested!

These wheels as total weight 54 lbs less and pretty well priced for what they are. Again YOU ARE SO WELCOME!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You still don't get it. The camaro is several thousands more and as of now, is getting blown away in sales. Aftermarket parts including Borla and Ford Performance don't need to meet sound and emissions requirements of the Manufacturer.
Yes Ford fixed the weight issue on the 350R, but how much does that cost? Average consumers can afford that? Yeah, didn't think so. I'm done here, this is stupid.
Exactly, aftermarket parts can be lighter because they dont have to follow the same DOT and other federal regulations put on auto manufacturers.

And the Camaro sales say it all; they are selling no better than the numbers last year with the 5th gen, with the S550 selling nearly double monthly.

Afterall, Ford cares about sales, not weight numbers on a piece of paper for factory racers. No one who is serious about weight or power in a competitive setting leaves their car stock.

Sponsored

corvettez06usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The V8 needs to be NA. I personally never cared for turbos or super chargers on anything, no matter the power output. With the S550 I firmly believe the mustang team set its sights to move away from the 'Murcia yeeehaw image(will take some time) and find its place, at least in spirit, beside cars like the BMW and Aston Martin coupes. I hate the term but I'll use it, a "drivers car". As much as a GT with a bit of heft can be. Lots of folks on here mentioning the Camaro too, but I personally believe internally Ford isn't too concerned. I remember reading that during the development of the S550 they used a BMW M (can't remember 3 or 5) as a benchmark and that the team wasn't remotely concerned about GM. The gist was the Mustang was moving on to place itself with bigger fish.

So in light of all that I think NA engines are much more favored than a spooling turbo. I'd rather have an aluminum body killing 400 some pounds and a NA V8 around 4L making under 400hp than the weight staying the same but the 5.0 being dropped for a turbo 8 just for the sake of hp numbers.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
From the naming convention, it looks like they are just renaming the refresh?

At any rate, taking this whole new version thing with a huge grain of salt at the present time.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Perfect timing for those of us who bought in 15.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The push up is probably due to competition. MT just posted a h2h of the SS vs the M4 and the SS took it...41K car vs almost 80K car.

I still think the MY'17 is going to bring big changes...tranny, aluminum, hud, exhaust, etc.

Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
The push up is probably due to competition. MT just posted a h2h of the SS vs the M4 and the SS took it...41K car vs almost 80K car.

I still think the MY'17 is going to bring big changes...tranny, aluminum, hud, exhaust, etc.
Big changes with big cost. When this happens it will cost just as much as if not more than the camaro.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT

It's funny because back in October 2010 when they put the 2011 GT vs the M3 the GT lost at streets of willow by less than a tenth of a second to the M3 and motortrend said a win is a win and that the M3 won.

Fast forward to 2016 and the SS loses to the M4 by a larger margin than the GT did to the M3 and they shout from the rooftops how much better the SS is and how it beat the M4.

Now I'm not into conspiracy theory but that grinds my gears (just a little bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It's funny because back in October 2010 when they put the 2011 GT vs the M3 the GT lost at streets of willow by less than a tenth of a second to the M3 and motortrend said a win is a win and that the M3 won.
Yeah, I'm still upset about that particular comparison. The GT beat the M3 on every metric they measured except the lap time, and lost that by a hair. It was a clear win for the Mustang, esp. on a price vs. performance basis.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Not competition from the Camaro. Ford has stated a ton who their competition is and what they used as cars for their S550 program.

You honestly believe that? Due to that MT comparison, Ford responds within a week and moves their program up by 2 years. Come on now.

I disagree.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not competition from the Camaro. Ford has stated a ton who their competition is and what they used as cars for their S550 program.
Then competition from whom? Or do you think competition had nothing to do with this change?

One of the cars Ford stated as a benchmark for the S550 is the same car the Camaro just handed its ass to, the M4. I don't think it is completely out of the realm of possibility to assume Ford is watching GM do a better job at achieving Ford's goals against cars like M4, than Ford is.

Reasons aside, I'll gladly welcome a completely new GT in 2020 when I'll be in the market for a new sports car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.