Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

OP
OP
TylerM35

TylerM35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Package
ETA: Assuming I do this kit, how difficult would it be to upgrade speakers at a later point? The base system is honestly rather lacking in many aspects, and while I generally only listen to podcasts when I do listen to tunes it would be nice for them to sound as if they're not being piped through a full can of Pringles.

I'm sure it's not hard to swap speakers. I think stage 3 motorsports or lmr already released a speaker upgrade kit. Or you can just figure out the sizes you need and buy the speakers you want and save some money. I'd like to add a box and sub eventually to mine. I doubt I'll ever upgrade the speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Adding amp and A 10" w3 JL tomorrow. I have a buddy helping me. then buying this kit next week. 1 JL in the back and 8" touch screen. Finally the car I wanted to order.

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Thank You TylerM35- with your Thread- I decided to pull the trigger and I ordered mine from TomTop.com- I think I feel comfortable to replace my stock Stereo Head Unit now....
I already have all the aftermarket speakers and Subs- now I will have an awesome head unit!! :headbang:

Altho I didn't change the country to the USA- I guess for the GPS
:crazy:

but I emailed them- messaged them- and Hell I will call them or message them on Monday....if not I will be in Australia somewhere....:doh:

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Adding amp and A 10" w3 JL tomorrow. I have a buddy helping me. then buying this kit next week. 1 JL in the back and 8" touch screen. Finally the car I wanted to order.
I know what you mean- finally everything I wanted in a car!!!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
All cars have the nav antenna. Should only need a nav apim and the SD card. Not sure, but the acm may need to be programmed as well.
Does this unit not obviate the need for a NAV APIM?

I'd actually kind of like navigation as a feature. If not, what else would I need in addition to this kit?

Sponsored

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Does this unit not obviate the need for a NAV APIM?

I'd actually kind of like navigation as a feature. If not, what else would I need in addition to this kit?
The unit does include navigation. I was referring to adding it to the existing MFT.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I had forgotten about the time jumping ahead. That annoyed the hell out of me so I just set the system up to boot straight to NAV which has the correct time. If you look closely, the time does not change by 1 hour, but 13 hours which is the time in China.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
would there be a way to add FMT to it? or at least the US Sync?

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
NEED2015GT said:
Take pics if you can! This is what I'd like to start out with...and see what the stock speakers do when amped.

airbornetex said:
I decided to pull the trigger and I ordered mine from TomTop.com- I think I feel comfortable to replace my stock Stereo Head Unit now....
I already have all the aftermarket speakers and Subs- now I will have an awesome head unit!!
Keep in mind...this is not a head unit upgrade. This is merely an upgrade from the base 4.3" screen (w/ button input) to an 8" touchscreen. It's simply the interface that connects everything together. Upgrading to this screen will make no changes to your OEM stereo and (rather crappy) outputs.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
would there be a way to add FMT to it? or at least the US Sync?
Did you mean MFT (My Ford Touch)? The answer is no. My Ford Touch runs on "Windows Embedded Automotive" operating system. This product from China runs Windows CE. Two different products. If you want/prefer MFT, then you'll need to secure a Ford OEM screen.

Not sure about the Sync...

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

All cars have the nav antenna. Should only need a nav apim and the SD card. Not sure, but the acm may need to be programmed as well.

Base models do not have the proper antenna.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Base models do not have the proper antenna.

2015 Mustangs have a GPSM module which has the proper antenna for NAV. Base models do not have an antenna for Sirius or HD radio.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
On the contrary, 2015 Mustangs have a GPSM module which has the proper antenna for NAV. Base models do not have an antenna for Sirius.

I stand corrected.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Did you mean MFT (My Ford Touch)? The answer is no. My Ford Touch runs on "Windows Embedded Automotive" operating system. This product from China runs Windows CE. Two different products. If you want/prefer MFT, then you'll need to secure a Ford OEM screen.

Not sure about the Sync...

It's not slow is it? Like laggy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
Thank You TylerM35- with your Thread- I decided to pull the trigger and I ordered mine from TomTop.com- I think I feel comfortable to replace my stock Stereo Head Unit now....
I already have all the aftermarket speakers and Subs- now I will have an awesome head unit!! :headbang:

Altho I didn't change the country to the USA- I guess for the GPS
:crazy:

but I emailed them- messaged them- and Hell I will call them or message them on Monday....if not I will be in Australia somewhere....:doh:

If you install this
can you provide some picture or videos when trimming and swapping the circuit board.
Sponsored