Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll be honest, the show pissed me off with how much time they wasted making the point that Negan is a dick.

However, as a striking weapon, Lucille is really impressive on several fronts.

I mean seriously, can you imagine trying to defend against that without a gun??

-Emt1581
They did dick around for a while... And then I thought they cheaped out by making Abraham the victim.. It did take my by surprise a little with Glenn, though I know he dies in the comics. Hope they get away from trying to toy with the audience and just go back to making the show this season.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Did this thread just swerve into "TWD opinion" or are we talking about how/where we carry our guns?

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did this thread just swerve into "TWD opinion" or are we talking about how/where we carry our guns?
Why else would you need to drive around with guns unless the impending zombie apocalypse?

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Does anyone use GO Magnets to hold their gun in the car? Thinking about buying some to maybe test on the Jeep first before the Mustang.

www.go-mags.net

[ame]

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Does anyone use GO Magnets to hold their gun in the car? Thinking about buying some to maybe test on the Jeep first before the Mustang.

www.go-mags.net

I've seen people use them in safes, under desks, etc. However I have 2 big concerns with installing it in a vehicle and even more in a vehicle that might experience high speeds and some jolts from a stiffened suspension...

1. Some metals love to cling to magnets! Might sound obvious and kinda the point in this situation. However, that also includes metal like tiny fragments from pavement, garbage, dirt/dust, etc. That works it's way between the gun and the magnet and the finish/surface of the gun is going to get shredded!

2. Back to the speed/jolt factor. How bad would it suck to be driving, hit a pothole and your pistol is now wedged somewhere and you might be blindly fumbling around for it or flying around the passenger compartment....loaded....maybe without an external safety...

Now this video might seem like it eases the concerns about the scratching AND the jolts but in my experience it does not. Again, once those teeny-tiny metal dust-like fragments start getting wedged in...they will do damage. Plus if in the foot-well/leg area, you are going to be bumping it when entering/exiting or driving even if the magnet is strong enough to withstand the force from the suspension.

[ame]

So many better options in my opinion and experience for vehicle carry/mount.

-Emt1581

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates?

Thanks

-Emt1581

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
a Smith&Wesson 40c is my off duty carry to/from my job holstered in Black Hawk Serpa, and a Smith&Wesson 45 Shield is my edc holstered in an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 iwb

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Springfield xd-40 4.5inch
HK 416... .22lr replica

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since this is a thread about where us Mustang guys carry our weapons, I figured I might as well mention another thread I started to show the AR mount I did to keep it secured in my trunk.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39769
Has anyone else attempted this?

I looked it up and found the kit for $80 shipped on ebay. When I went out to look at my car, the piece of metal he shows his bracket mounted to is curved out. Not sure how easy of an install it is.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Retired LEO and I carry if I leave the house. I go back and forth between a CZ Rami 9mm and a Kimber K6s .357 revolver. I carry in an outside the waistband Galco holster for both guns.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I actually work for a firearms manufacturer :thumbsup:

AR Strategically situated in the mustang, along with a Sig P938 on my hip or ankle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.