Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Thanks for the pictures and write-up. Is there any chance you can get a picture of the other end of the amp input cable shown above. ie. where it connects underneath the panelling? I'm looking for an input signal for a powered subwoofer on my non-Shaker Pro system.
Sponsored

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing, I'll do it later tomorrow when I'm doing the pinouts.

Polk Audio db840DVC 8 inch - Dual Voice Coil Sub
Polk Audio db8G - Grille
Polk Audio DXi6501 - 6.5 inch separates for the rear on order, arriving Wednesday-ish

First time using GIMP - Not bad...

Last edited:

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
excuse my ignorance
what is the component and power difference between 200 and 400 systems
assume similar for 201a and 401A ( just adds sub)?
tks
Ramb

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Speakers arrived, the 6.5 inch set has a set of adapter rings that look promising!

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Sure thing, I'll do it later tomorrow when I'm doing the pinouts.

Polk Audio db840DVC 8 inch - Dual Voice Coil Sub
Polk Audio db8G - Grille
Polk Audio DXi6501 - 6.5 inch separates for the rear on order, arriving Wednesday-ish

First time using GIMP - Not bad...
I like that idea - certainly a lot less space (and weight) than what I did with a 10" and custom box. That lack depth and small space worries me though, but may be worth a shot down the road.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
"7 Speaker Audio System" in the GT350R

If you opt for the Electronics Package when ordering a GT350R it lists a 7 speaker Audio System in the Ordering Guide. Any idea what this is, and where it lies in relation to the 3 systems you list? Thank you

Great information. Thanks

15gtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP Flowmaster Outlaws
How does the new Polk Audio db840DVC sound and did you have to do any modification to get it to fit the factory enclosure? Are you using the stock amp for this sub as well or did you upgrade it too?

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I have the Shaker Pro in my GT Premium. When I set the until to "All Seats" I really have to crank the volume past 3/4. Even at full volume, it doesn't deliver the loudness I would expect from 390 watts! It was mentioned that there is an amp behind the drivers kick panel. Is this what is powering all speakers (except the sub)? Or if it's in combination with the amp in the head unit could my "drivers kick panel amp" not be working correctly?

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Speaker Info
Premium Models w/ Shaker Audio 201A/401A (12 Speaker Configuration)
6.5" (Doors)
3.5" (Doors)
Tweeters (A Pillars)
3.5" Center Channel (In dash)
6.5" Coax (Rear Deck)
Subwoofer

Speaker Pictures (Premium Shaker Shown) - Thank you stoli!!

Amplifier Information
Base cars do not have an amplifier, all speakers are powered directly from the head unit.

Premium/Shaker cars have an amplifier in the drivers side kick panel area that is driven from line level feeds from the head unit. The center channel is "created" by the amplifier itself, not the head unit. The sub signal also seems to be artificially created as I see no wiring to suggest it comes directly from the head unit.

The subwoofer amplifier is located on the subwoofer box itself.
I have the Shaker Pro 12 Speaker system in my GT Premium. In the first picture, I only count 8 speakers (of course the sub isn't there) so where are the other 3 speakers that make my 12?

OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I have the Shaker Pro 12 Speaker system in my GT Premium. In the first picture, I only count 8 speakers (of course the sub isn't there) so where are the other 3 speakers that make my 12?
The ones on the right are coax speakers. You can see the tweeters in the center. Ford counts those are 2 seperate speakers a piece.

That puts you at 10.

Not pictured is the subwoofer and dash center channel speaker.

OP
OP
smdandb2

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I have the Shaker Pro in my GT Premium. When I set the until to "All Seats" I really have to crank the volume past 3/4. Even at full volume, it doesn't deliver the loudness I would expect from 390 watts! It was mentioned that there is an amp behind the drivers kick panel. Is this what is powering all speakers (except the sub)? Or if it's in combination with the amp in the head unit could my "drivers kick panel amp" not be working correctly?
Welcome to the Shaker system.

Mine is the same way, as are the other 2015s I have been in. I've found if I set it to the drivers seat it does appear louder at lower volumes.

And yes, the amp in the kick panel powers everything but the sub. That amp is fed line level inputs from the head unit.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Welcome to the Shaker system.

Mine is the same way, as are the other 2015s I have been in. I've found if I set it to the drivers seat it does appear louder at lower volumes.

And yes, the amp in the kick panel powers everything but the sub. That amp is fed line level inputs from the head unit.
Thank you. I wonder how they came up with the WATTS.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
So if I have the 9 speaker setup in my gt and wanted to add an amp and sub, would I be able to get the input for the amp via the amp in the kick panel? Sorry if it's a dumb question, the last time I installed a sub and amp it was on an aftermarket head unit in my last car that has a specific output for a sub.
Sponsored