Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If there was indeed true overboost occuring, your car's computer would go into limp mode which would only put out 5psi max. I know. My 15' had an overboost condition for about 2 days with no tune(stock) and stock bpv, cold side charge pipe caused it. I would hit 32psi at partial throttle 2000rpm and the car felt like it was lifting the front wheels of the ground, ready for take off. Simply amazing. Eventually the computer went into limp mode for engine protection.
How did your car even make above 29PSI? Even with my PTE 5862 and no signal to the waste gate the max I could hit was 29PSI based on the stock MAP sensors limitations.

With the cold side charge pipe off or leaking how would you even read 32PSI where you looking at WGDC?
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
How did your car even make above 29PSI? Even with my PTE 5862 and no signal to the waste gate the max I could hit was 29PSI based on the stock MAP sensors limitations.

With the cold side charge pipe off or leaking how would you even read 32PSI where you looking at WGDC?
I was thinking the same, how do you hit 30psi with a boost leak?

OP
OP
Dspec_S550

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I wonder if that mpg gain is due to the prolonged blow off that happens on the highway at low load demand
I assumed that was it, the bypass at low load does increase efficiency.

-doug

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I was thinking the same, how do you hit 30psi with a boost leak?
Not a boost leak, it was overboost. The car computer freaked out about the parameter change with the increased volume on the cold side/3.5" charge pipe while still retaining the stock 2" hot side pipe, this is what the mechanic at the dealership described it as. I'm sure there was some over compensation by the computer but by the time I rolled it into the dealer it had reset and I could never replicate the condition.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not a boost leak, it was overboost. The car computer freaked out about the parameter change with the increased volume on the cold side/3.5" charge pipe while still retaining the stock 2" hot side pipe, this is what the mechanic at the dealership described it as. I'm sure there was some over compensation by the computer but by the time I rolled it into the dealer it had reset and I could never replicate the condition.
I can kind of see where he is going with this, but I am not buying it, the only component that I can think of in this sense that is not physical i.e. blowing your WG line, is the EBC controlling the wastegate and saying to stay closed to reach a specific WGDC or something. I am not sure however how the 2" hotside and 3"+ cold side affect this since these cars are not MAF based, but speed density.

but hey computers I guess if this is the case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dspec_S550

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
thanks for these responses