Sponsored

Stalker vs MMD V SERIES scoop

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I'm on the fence between a Cervinis Stalker and an MMD V Series hood scoop. The scoop is nice, but the seems may be a deal breaker for me. I was thinking of running some silicone between the scoop joints and somehow running a stripe kit over the seam to basically conceal it. I also like the Cervinis hood. It's more $, but I could try to sell the OEM hood with Roush vents to recoup some $. Thoughts?
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So I'm on the fence between a Cervinis Stalker and an MMD V Series hood scoop. The scoop is nice, but the seems may be a deal breaker for me. I was thinking of running some silicone between the scoop joints and somehow running a stripe kit over the seam to basically conceal it. I also like the Cervinis hood. It's more $, but I could try to sell the OEM hood with Roush vents to recoup some $. Thoughts?
You'll never be able to completely hide the seam with the scoop. Personally, I love the stalker hood and would just go that route. It will be a little more, but like you said, the stock GT hood could probably be sold to a V6 or Eco owner that wants the hood vents.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
I was actually wondering the same thing. Wondering if I can wrap the scoop black along the spears on the hood to make it look like a solid hood.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I like both the Stalker and the MMD as well, so I asked my wife for her opinion. She pointed to the MMD and said, and I quote;

"So it's fake, right... just sits there?"

I guess it'll be a Stalker for me :D

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like both the Stalker and the MMD as well, so I asked my wife for her opinion. She pointed to the MMD and said, and I quote;

Yeah, great point. If the wife says it looks fake, it must look bad LOL

Sponsored

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am running the MMD v series scoop and I like the way it turned out. got it real cheap off another member on here and couldn't turn it down. install was kind of sketchy... with all the drilling. but it turned out perfect and I really like to look of it. makes it look really aggressive and I get compliments on it all the time. it sucks its not functional but it was the right price for me and if I ever want to I can get a functional hood later on down the line...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I am running the MMD v series scoop and I like the way it turned out. got it real cheap off another member on here and couldn't turn it down. install was kind of sketchy... with all the drilling. but it turned out perfect and I really like to look of it. makes it look really aggressive and I get compliments on it all the time. it sucks its not functional but it was the right price for me and if I ever want to I can get a functional hood later on down the line...
Any pics?:thumbsup:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

That's too funny, I got the wife's opinion too. She really likes the Stalker scoops too.
Stalker1.jpg

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
I saw the Stalker hood on a guard green last friday.
It looks sooo good.

I want the MMD because of the bevel and lines it follows.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I saw the Stalker hood on a guard green last friday.
It looks sooo good.

I want the MMD because of the bevel and lines it follows.
The Stalker follows the same lines and is functional. IMO, it's Stalker if you have the funds and MMD if you just want to save money and don't care if it's functional or not.

I can tell you on my car, my IATs are right at ambient now when moving. Before, I was always at least 5* higher than ambient.

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
The Stalker follows the same lines and is functional. IMO, it's Stalker if you have the funds and MMD if you just want to save money and don't care if it's functional or not.

I can tell you on my car, my IATs are right at ambient now when moving. Before, I was always at least 5* higher than ambient.

The MMD has the bevel that continues the center hood line.
Essentially the spade effect.

Does the stalker have that cause the one i saw is just flat top center scoop.
Had it been beveled it would have been perfect!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The MMD has the bevel that continues the center hood line.
Essentially the spade effect.

Does the stalker have that cause the one i saw is just flat top center scoop.
Had it been beveled it would have been perfect!
Oh no, I didn't realize you meant over the scoop. I think it looks better just fading that line out, it's too busy.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
That's too funny, I got the wife's opinion too. She really likes the Stalker scoops too.
Love how your car is turning out! Hood looks awesome!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
here ya go :headbang:
Wow! That looks much better than I expected... wasn't aware that you had to drill to mount it. In some pix I have seen, the underside of the opening has been paint matched while yours seems to be black... did you do that yourself or did it come like that?
Sponsored