Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Thank you, but I didn't bought it from new. The knob was missing when the car arrives and I am ready to buy another bezel just for it.
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Thank you, but I didn't bought it from new. The knob was missing when the car arrives and I am ready to buy another bezel just for it.
I might sell mine but to ship to Europe it's a little bit expensive. My parent are sending me packages from time to time and it's not cheap lol.

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I have a relative in IL 60169, can ship it there , please let me have a price on private if possible,there is no need for shipping to EU of course. Thank you!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of group buy:

I will update y'all whenever the seller sent me the quote and I send the money to him! It'll be done today (Probably tonight since it's 3am over there. I know he answers late though so it might be done during the afternoon).
@2017PPGT => PAID
@jmm042 => PAID
@elpatronvega =>PAID
@Oakley_5OH => PAID
@firestarter2 => PAID
@try714 => PAID

Time's up!

@cvaughn1084 => Pending
@Silver_Stang1 => Pending
@Arrio => Pending
@Gtstang2016 => Pending

Sorry for the late members... I've tried to reach y'all multiple of time and I didn't get any feedback except for [MENTION=16102]cvaughn1084[/MENTION].

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a relative in IL 60169, can ship it there , please let me have a price on private if possible,there is no need for shipping to EU of course. Thank you!
I'll keep you updated and send you picture tonight if I don't forget lol. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Good news and bad news..

He sent me all the required cables for Premium models, and an extra set of Base USB cables...

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Good news and bad news..

He sent me all the required cables for Premium models, and an extra set of Base USB cables...
Did I miss something?!? What's the bad news???

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did I miss something?!? What's the bad news???
There are no additional USB cables, but I just looked up the premium wiring, and it shows 2 USB cables behind the factory head unit. You guys should be good.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
There are no additional USB cables, but I just looked up the premium wiring, and it shows 2 USB cables behind the factory head unit. You guys should be good.
I am still almost 100% sure that there is a hub back there somewhere. Someone needs to trace the wire!

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I am planning on working on mine this weekend as long as I have my cables from Patrick by then....witch I should think I would. I will look for them when I get it apart and take any pics we might need.

Last edited:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
They are not. Only a single one goes into the stock unit.

Sooo......Am I gonna need to buy something else before I try and install this weekend??? I think you sid you were gonna try some adapter or something you ordered from Amazon, did you ever screw with that???

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Sooo......Am I gonna need to buy something else before I try and install this weekend??? I think you sid you were gonna try some adapter or something you ordered from Amazon, did you ever screw with that???
For reference (the single USB connector is highlighted in green):

As for what to do next, I was hoping he would send the USB cables we e-mailed about, which would allow for at least USB connections up front (albeit not in the console/armrest):

Seeing as how he didn't do that, I went ahead and bought this adapter converter kit from Amazon, which has the female mini-USB to USB-A adapters. Once I get the Premium cable set from Patrick, I'll open things up again and see if that single cable does in fact enable the two different USB connections that are in the car now (console + armrest) to be usable.

If that turns out to be the case, I'll just connect one of the connections of the brown-plug cable to the USB connector in the car and hopefully Android will pick up on both plugs separately too. I'll report back with my findings as soon as I have the cables and try this out (assuming this weekend).

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll clarify on my statement...

The apim has 2 USB ports, apparently only 1 is used.

Now if those USB cables are the ones he sent you, they're most definitely wrong. Those cables are for cars that don't have USB ports, I can send you the correct pair.
Sponsored