2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Check out Topnotch's link in the car and Driver post in this sub forum. I'd trust this post. Sounds like a 5.2 supercharged CPC is most likely gonna happen. Probably with the 755hp that was hinted in the dash of '18 photos. I'd expect it in late 18. Not what we all wanted and not gonna be a ground breaking engineered car but should be able to beat the ZL1 on the track and surely on the strip. Who knows...Maybe they can keep the weight nm down with some deleted options as well as CF. Could actually be a very special car still...if they balance it right.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Two different forced induction V8s? Blimey, if Ford pull that off I'd be mightily impressed. Whilst I'd love to see that, wouldn't they tread on each others toes?

I guess it depends on how they market them, but I'd expect even a "lowly" supercharged Mach 1 to still be able to handle, so I wouldn't want any corners cut (pardon the pun) when it comes to the suspension. This is why I'd always imagined the Mach 1 to remain n/a and sit between a GT and a GT500.

I know you've long suggested both Ecoboost and Supercharged V8 were being developed, so it'll certainly be fantastic if this comes to fruition!

:)
One suggestion that had been brought up was offering two levels of GT500. Until just recently, that sounded like a strange thing to do. Now we see Hellcat 2 and the ZL1 1 Lap Edition and it makes more sense now right?

I do honestly believe both Mach 1 and Supercharged Coyote were kinda shelved last Summer BUT... now that there are competitors doing the same, it seems likely.

However, that doesn't mean the GT500 is getting a Supercharged Coyote. In fact, the possibility of a GT500 using the Ford GT's EBV6 at 650-ish AND offering a big EBV8 to put this to rest once and for all.

The issue is, Mustang has a Birthday coming up and they can't wait that long to hold the 500 back... I think Ford will give you guys a Mach 1 AND, it will be the last Supercharged V8 they offer from the factory.

Aside from marketing, a Supercharged 2019 Mach 1 for the Mustangs 55th could be marketed independently with little trouble.

As I always said:

GT (possible R)
GT350 (R)
GT500 (KR)

In my opinion, if they can produce a cheaper version of the TT3.5, I wouldn't mind the GT500 using that... BUT THE ECOBOOST TWIN/BiT Turbo V8 MUST BE AN OPTION.

KR means King of the Road... that is why they have worked on the drivetrain this long.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As ludicrous as it may sound, Ford may have supercharged and turbo charged V8's coming soon. I see the car with the fender vents as a twin turbo V8 Ecoboost-which would make sense considering how much $ Ford has spent on the Ecoboost brandname. With 2 turbos mounted low on the block, they need to vent all that heat(esp. if the turbos are sizeable). A S/C CPC V8 could be available as a Mach 1 etc.

The 2 types of V8's could happen as Chevrolet is readying a mid-engine Corvette[ZR1?] for production(rumored for years, but I believe it's coming soon) and there is no way Chevy is giving up the front engine Corvette anytime soon. So.. 2 Corvettes and 2 Mustangs. Not to mention with DI, the GT should match the SS at 455 hp.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Realistically they have a good base with the GT350; it's very good on the track as is. and fairly light for what it is.

It could merely be a GT350 chassis, reworked body work, with a CPC 5.2 supercharged. Im sure they could get 700-800hp out of that easily. Perhaps that is why so many mules look like GT350s? Especially since they are making a big deal out of the CPC 5.2 in the last year or so.

That would be one hell of a setup.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Realistically they have a good base with the GT350; it's very good on the track as is. and fairly light for what it is.
It could merely be a GT350 chassis, reworked body work, with a CPC 5.2 supercharged. Im sure they could get 700-800hp out of that easily. Perhaps that is why so many mules look like GT350s? Especially since they are making a big deal out of the CPC 5.2 in the last year or so.
That would be one hell of a setup.
I agree. I'd be all over it.

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Just announce and release official images already
I was sent these, but shown some other photos.. I'm guessing it's going to be late 2017 before the start showing it off.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2017/03/27/ford-invest/99709766/
Investing in Romeo Engine plant...
where technicians used to hand-build the supercharged 5.8-liter V-8 engine for the Mustang Shelby GT500. Wishful thinking they send the Windsor plants global 7.0-litre engine for 2020 to Romeo to be tweaked for the Boss a year ahead of mass production.
This 7.0 is said to be "more fuel efficient, smaller, lighter, with more torque, more horsepower."

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
7.0 Boss 429 n/a V8
5.2 GT500 Ecoboost V8
5.2 Mach 1 Supercharged V8

So many mouthwatering possibilities. But which ones will we see? :ford:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
A modern-day 7 liter Mustang would have me thinking about giving up my first born!
Sponsored