Sponsored

Is Mustang6g Hacked?

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Just tried each of the links in the email you forwarded and they all worked fine so it may be a local spyware/virus issue. Have you tried different browsers or devices?

Which of the links is taking you to a spam site (the M6G link or the N4SM links)?
Funny because it just happened from the email for this thread. Happened for me clicking the M6G link in Outlook Web. What's weird is direct click directs me to the bad site, using the middle mouse button which opens link in a new tab directs the link correctly.
Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Funny because it just happened from the email for this thread. Happened for me clicking the M6G link in Outlook Web. What's weird is direct click directs me to the bad site, using the middle mouse button which opens link in a new tab directs the link correctly.
Can you test clicking on the link and opening in a different browser or on your mobile device? There really should be no reason this is happening since the site has not been hacked and as you said, the link works correctly for you in a new tab.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Can you test clicking on the link and opening in a different browser or on your mobile device? There really should be no reason this is happening since the site has not been hacked and as you said, the link works correctly for you in a new tab.
Maybe it is local or because of Outlook as it only happens occasionally and on the first attempt. Didn't happen this time. :shrug:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just tried each of the links in the email you forwarded and they all worked fine so it may be a local spyware/virus issue. Have you tried different browsers or devices?

Which of the links is taking you to a spam site (the M6G link or the N4SM links)?
It was the link to the thread here and guess what, it works fine now. Same e-mail link too. Something changed.

OP
OP

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
this is the link I get http****://filestore72.info/download.php?id=1498c470

Last edited:

Sponsored

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard '15 GT Premium, 6MT, 20" Foundry Wheels
[MENTION=26057]ZanarkO[/MENTION] - might want to edit that to break the link so someone here doesn't click on it. Don't want to make it too easy to accidentally do that...

OP
OP

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
Done

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Happening again and it may be as N12345 said ... ie. only happens on the first click.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Happening again and it may be as N12345 said ... ie. only happens on the first click.
What site is it taking you to (post it here with a break in the link)? Same spam site link that ZanarkO posted above?

Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We're looking into a fix. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue let me know and until we have a resolution please continue posting in this thread when you experience it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
What site is it taking you to (post it here with a break in the link)? Same spam site link that ZanarkO posted above?
Yep, same site but the last time it kept trying to go elsewhere as well but I just killed the window (on my Android phone). Gmail btw.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Happened to me today on first click again, second click was directed correctly.
Link: http**** ://filestore72.info/download.php?id=1498c470

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've also periodically had this from Gmail on my Android phone over the last week or so. I go back one time, then click the link again, and it goes to the forum as expected. I thought it was just my phone so I didn't mention anything. Latest occurrence was yesterday in the afternoon.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
happend to me this morning, sent a forum link to a friend, when i clicked it myself i went to that weird fileshare site.
Sponsored