Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
You could potentially do it but it wouldn't require relocating the black box behind the screen to where the stock double CD player is. Not to mention cobbling together your own wiring harness. The relocation would be easy the harness would be hard to nightmare level as the only wiring kits I'm aware of come with these dash kits and I don't think you can sperate the two.
Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I am set on doing this now. I like that I can choose the HU and have better sound out to my amp. Also, OEM has disappeared again so..... not an option anymore. I am waiting to see what was changed/improved on the metra kit before I decide between that or scosche.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
have you emailed him? [email protected] he doesn't get on here much these days

one email every other week for the past 3 months. I was in on the first set, but he ran out of programmers. I was in on the next set when he said he got more programmers, and he would send me a paypal invoice. Then nothing again. My last email to him was a week ago. Still no reply.

It's not that big of a deal. I know he is probably busy and I'm sure his kits are sold out in advance. It was a fairly inexpensive work around.

I have all my other audio equipment purchased so I don't feel like waiting much longer to finalize everything. Once I settle on a head unit, it will be a done deal.

Sponsored

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
Well got it in. Steering wheel controls currently don't work and rear window defeoster

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Has anyone gotten their updated kit from Metra so I know what changed? I know a few of you were waiting on them to send you an updated kit.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Has anyone gotten their updated kit from Metra so I know what changed? I know a few of you were waiting on them to send you an updated kit.
No. I called Abt yesterday and they said it would be coming directly from Metra with a prepaid return label for the old one. So I called Metra today. They haven't finished it and according to the sales rep there is no ETA as of yet. Apparently it is something with the "board," whatever that means.

Sponsored

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
I opened a ticket with Metra for something else and asked if there was a recall on this kit. The tech named Josh didn't know of any. I am going to try the install with the kit I got from ebay in the next day or 2 so I hope it works.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm not to familiar with the Scosche kit but there should be a setup menu in the HVAC screen allowing you to select the radio brand. the setup should also allow you to select the vehicle.

On the kenwood unit there should be a Blue/Pink (IIRC) wire, that is the only wire that needs connected for the kenwoods steering wheel controls.

Hopefully this helps, I'll try to scroll through the Scosche directions to familiarize myself of the difference between the two kits.

Also anyone that has an issue with the 1st run Metra kit; if you run into a snag shoot me a P.M. and I can walk you through it!

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm not to familiar with the Scosche kit but there should be a setup menu in the HVAC screen allowing you to select the radio brand. the setup should also allow you to select the vehicle.

On the kenwood unit there should be a Blue/Pink (IIRC) wire, that is the only wire that needs connected for the kenwoods steering wheel controls.

Hopefully this helps, I'll try to scroll through the Scosche directions to familiarize myself of the difference between the two kits.

Also anyone that has an issue with the 1st run Metra kit; if you run into a snag shoot me a P.M. and I can walk you through it!
where does the blue pink wire come from? the old ACM connection? odd that one wire handles all the steering controls. Definitely interested since I was going to try and make the maestro SW kit work with the kenwood

Comporange93611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2020 LFP Mustang GT
I got it all working but the steering wheel controls are different from the normal setup but nothing I can't deal with. Love better sound than stock
Sponsored