Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Made a boot image today from a pic i got for a custom badge from anchor room, came out pretty good.
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Does anyone else have reverse park assist? I still get the beeps but the little diagram on the reverse cam is gone.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Is that the same as 'reverse sensing'? What little diagram are you talking about?
Yes. It's the sensors in the bumpers.

On the 4" screen I had a little diagram of the car which showed the four different sensors in the bumper and it would light up which sensor was going off as I backed up. I don't have that anymore, just the reverse camera and the guidelines.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yes. It's the sensors in the bumpers.

On the 4" screen I had a little diagram of the car which showed the four different sensors in the bumper and it would light up which sensor was going off as I backed up. I don't have that anymore, just the reverse camera and the guidelines.
Ok. I have that feature as well, but I never had the diagram showing which sensor was going off. All I had/have are the lines with green/yellow/red zones, and the audible beeping as you neared an obstruction.
If I did have the sensor indicator, I certainly don't recall seeing it. Essentially, my display is the same now as it was with the little screen, only bigger now on the TomTop.

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Ok. I have that feature as well, but I never had the diagram showing which sensor was going off. All I had/have are the lines with green/yellow/red zones, and the audible beeping as you neared an obstruction.
If I did have the sensor indicator, I certainly don't recall seeing it. Essentially, my display is the same now as it was with the little screen, only bigger now on the TomTop.

You didn't have the little car diagram on the screen like this?
park assist.jpg

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
You didn't have the little car diagram on the screen like this?
No...never had it. That's pretty cool, though. That icon may be a separate input, and not accommodated by the TomTop.

**Mine is a 2015. Are there any other 2015 owners out there with reverse sensing, that had the little car icon on the 4.3" base display?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
No...never had it. That's pretty cool, though. That icon may be a separate input, and not accommodated by the TomTop.

**Mine is a 2015. Are there any other 2015 owners out there with reverse sensing, that had the little car icon on the 4.3" base display?
I don't recall having seen this on mine.

Any luck on any of the few other issues yet?

maaperez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello

Hello! Someone have an issue with the time on Tomtop after change to summer time last week? Now I changed manually one hour later and also try to change the time zone, but after restart my tomtop go back to the old time. :doh: Thanks!

dw8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hello! Someone have an issue with the time on Tomtop after change to summer time last week? Now I changed manually one hour later and also try to change the time zone, but after restart my tomtop go back to the old time. :doh: Thanks!
Fought this for a couple days. I am in the Eastern time zone. I switched mine to the Atlantic time zone. You need to find a time zone with the current correct time to change to.

Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
^What I had to do as well.

maaperez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I did it, but after restart my car, the clock is going back to the old configuration and it's not saving my change. Every time after ignite the car i need change it to show the correct time

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I did it, but after restart my car, the clock is going back to the old configuration and it's not saving my change. Every time after ignite the car i need change it to show the correct time
Are you updated to the latest firmware? As [MENTION=24155]dw8[/MENTION] said usually you just need to change the time zone. I'm in Central TX and for me to have the correct time I had to use Eastern time... I can't really fix this for the reason that the OS is in Chinese. If I load an English OS the whole Sync2 software won't work properly since it's all coded in Chinese.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wuz up fella's

I just received a TomTop as a gift last week and just wanted to ask everyones input and advice without having to read ALL 44 pages of this thread....

1) Should I even bother installing this unit ?
2) If installed, do I need to update anything right away ?
3) What "bugs" are still present and is there anything that is being rectified.
4) OPEN to any and all suggestions from fellow owners on what I am in for.

Thanks for any and all help...PLEASE help keep this informative and not a bashing session...

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Lots of bugs, no real fixes as of yet. Welcome to the issue center.
Sponsored