Sponsored

subs go off opening the doors

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
anytime my car sits for a while and I open up the doors or trunk my bass goes off any buddy else run into this problem
my mic in the rear is already disconnected
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Can you clarify what you mean by "the bass goes off?" Do you mean your subwoofer stops working or the frequency response of the system changes?

OP
OP

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's a hafe note of base

a similar sound would be if a stock radio was playing just base and u really quickly connected the subs and disconnected them

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
it's a hafe note of base

a similar sound would be if a stock radio was playing just base and u really quickly connected the subs and disconnected them
your amp turn on is hooked up to a wire that shuts off when the door is opened..... change amp turn on wire and that will solve your issue.

OP
OP

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the amp remote wire is on fuse 23 I've put on other fuses and the problem still happens

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Try this. Disconnect the remote turn on wire from the amp. Take another piece of wire and connect it from the remote turn on terminal to the +12V power wire on the amp. This gives the amp a constant turn on signal. If everything works normally, you will know that your remote turn on is the problem.

How does the amp gets it's signal? What amp are you using? Some amps don't need a dedicated +12v remote signal; they turn on when they sense an input voltage at the RCA input terminals. The JL Audio XDv2 amps come to mind, and that feature is one of the reasons why I chose them for my sub install. http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-amplifiers-xdv2

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
To make sure I understand, you sub starts to go WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB when you turn off the car completely correct?

This is what happens when your sub is still on and connected to a LOC and doesn't turn off when the rest of your stereo does.

I connected my remote to my cig lighter port and it works gloriously.

OP
OP

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To make sure I understand, you sub starts to go WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB when you turn off the car completely correct?

This is what happens when your sub is still on and connected to a LOC and doesn't turn off when the rest of your stereo does.

I connected my remote to my cig lighter port and it works gloriously.
it's not when I turn it off its when I open the doors

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Your amp isn't turning off when you turn off the car. Find a different remote source. What does fuse 23 run?
Sponsored