Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I'm trying not to get this tom top but im beginning to wonder if anyone else is going to make a unit.
this OEM radio company wants me to make a video for them with their version it's just like factory no Chinese and all lol

I will keep you all updated on it. Any tips on taking dash apart would be appreciated that's my biggest concern lol
Sponsored

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Greetings, everybody!

Can anyone clarify what wire/harness is responsible for the back-up camera?

I installed the November 2015 TomTop to my 2016 V6 yesterday.

Everything works perfectly EXCEPT the back-up camera (I see a blue screen everything I go in reverse).

Anyone else experience this? Is it a wiring issue or a setting issues?

All help is greatly appreciated! I'm not sure where I messed up!

*EDIT: I was just told it was the yellow RCA cables. Thank you guys for the help!

Last edited:

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this OEM radio company wants me to make a video for them with their version it's just like factory no Chinese and all lol

I will keep you all updated on it. Any tips on taking dash apart would be appreciated that's my biggest concern lol

This gentleman posted a video of it:
[ame]

I followed him step-by-step and everything went well (although he did leave out the wiring details)!

In all honesty, I just wore latex gloves (because I'm OCD with fingerprints) and gave everything a gentle wiggle. The "Carbon Fiber" dash was a little tougher due to it's length, but it came out just the same.

Since it's only connected by clips, wiggle to feel the tension, when the clip-location is identified, just give it slightly more wiggle!

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
turned my car on today and the screen was blank. radio still works but no picture. i just installed this shit last night it worked on my way to work and now i got no picture

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Does this touch screen allow you to control the HVAC system?

Sponsored

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this touch screen allow you to control the HVAC system?
Although the HVAC options are digitally displayed on the touchscreen (when you turn your air-conditioning or heater on), the display is merely aesthetic; it can only be controlled through the original buttons.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I attempted this install tonight and it was a mess....Will try to fix whatever the issue is tomorrow. The unit played and showed, it did not function much, no sound at all, rear view camera failed to work. Hope some magic happens tomorrow

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
I can't believe such a blatant ripoff of the MyFord Touch GUI hasn't been sued into oblivion by Ford. Even just using the SYNC name in the software seems like a violation of Ford's intellectual property.

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
You guys still liking the TomTop units? Have updates been coming out frequently or at all?

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
I have had no problems with my tom top unit but im returning my car to stock so i will be moving it soon and sell it, other than the couple little settings its been awesome especially for the price. And i will help install it if needed. Eventually all the bugs will be worked out.

Sponsored

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
Greetings, everybody!

Can anyone clarify what wire/harness is responsible for the back-up camera?

I installed the November 2015 TomTop to my 2016 V6 yesterday.

Everything works perfectly EXCEPT the back-up camera (I see a blue screen everything I go in reverse).

Anyone else experience this? Is it a wiring issue or a setting issues?

All help is greatly appreciated! I'm not sure where I messed up!

*EDIT: I was just told it was the yellow RCA cables. Thank you guys for the help!
Don't forget to plug in the two yellow RCA plugs. They are supposed to be connected if you have a rear view camera.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just installed this and I don't get any sound and the radio doesn't work. Doesn't change stations. It's there something I missed? I thought I wired it all correctly. Everything else seems to work OK. Just odd their is no audio at all

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I can't believe such a blatant ripoff of the MyFord Touch GUI hasn't been sued into oblivion by Ford. Even just using the SYNC name in the software seems like a violation of Ford's intellectual property.
Guess you need to know how the system works. This unit is not ripping off any Ford touch or Sync systems. This System still uses the stock SYNC module. This unit simply Replaces the Radio and Navigation. It's basically a display screen for the Stock SYNC system.
I'm giving this unit any praise at all it is not GREAT by far. I'm just correcting your assumptions.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm getting sound now, everything is working. I think if you tighten the screws too tight when installing the old circuit board on the new bezel you may run into problems, don't tighten them too much, I think this is what was causing me issues as all the connections seemed fine, but when i redid the bezel it started to work.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
I just ordered mine from Tomtop as well. For $250 I will give it a go.
Sponsored