HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
So just as an FYI for anyone trying to order this like I just did but they have a core charge of $500. Yes. $500. Talked with a Mike R. over at AutoNation White Bear and he let me know what's up. So either you have to send one back to them or you pay... :frusty:
Ok, no on the base. However it may be possible to send them one with heated seats as a core. Now if you have an LKQ local to you they have these for $150 or less. So you could possibly buy one of them and use it as a core. If you need help locating one let me know as I have an account there. I'm waiting on Mike R to confirm this with United Radio. If you don't care that your Premium and bezel has the heated seat buttons this point is moot!
So I was hesitant to post but to add more to the story I reached out to my main dealer and this is what he had to say on the subject.

"They're ordered through two different systems, if it's warranty you order online through a special form and it will have a core.

If you call the exchange center and order it under a non-warranty scenario it's an outright sale and no core."
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So I was hesitant to post but to add more to the story I reached out to my main dealer and this is what he had to say on the subject.

"They're ordered through two different systems, if it's warranty you order online through a special form and it will have a core.

If you call the exchange center and order it under a non-warranty scenario it's an outright sale and no core."
What's the price difference?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
What's the price difference?
No idea to be honest.

Edit: Well I guess if it's a core it's $228 plus $500 or your premium bezel. However much you paid for that.
No core charge, it's $228.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No idea to be honest.

Edit: Well I guess if it's a core it's $228 plus $500 or your premium bezel. However much you paid for that.
No core charge, it's $228.
You'd think the non-core price would be higher?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I honestly don't know man. You'd have to ask a dealer what their prices are in this type of situation.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
And just to clarify, these do have a core charge of $500 which is listed on the website. It's very unusual Ford has a price on this part, as they're supplied to us from a third party.

The cores must be "like for like'. (No base for Premium and no heated seats for non-heated seats) These are also available as brand new for $300 from us and do not have any core charge.
Posted by Mike R.

[MENTION=6706]Red[/MENTION]fifeV8 What dealer quoted you the $228?

Also, this is only for those who don't want the Non-functioning heated seat buttons.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The $228 was what you posted. They're $228 plus core. I wish Mike would have explained the $300 thing to me while we were on the phone and before we cancelled the order. I'm not sure where that's posted but I'm not sure why he didn't let me know that over the phone. I would of been ok with paying the extra $70. Maybe another point in time I'll pick it up...

In other news, I have all my Sync 3 stuff now. The touchscreen and cd player came in today as well as the GPS antenna and misc usb cables. Just waiting on the harness now. ;):D

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Mike replied to my original post in the AutoNation Ford sponsor section

Your post confused me though because it said you called another dealer then you edited your post and said $228 without. Either way $300 is cheaper than $699 and once again proves that someone more interested in providing information than turning a profit is more valuable to members of this board.

mgrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible - V6

Your post confused me though because it said you called another dealer then you edited your post and said $228 without. Either way $300 is cheaper than $699 and once again proves that someone more interested in providing information than turning a profit is more valuable to members of this board.
Wish I had seen this before picking up a used one on ebay...

Thanks for all the work putting this together, especially with the reasonable prices!

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Oh mk. Apologies for any confusion. My other dealer stated it would be $303 plus shipping, no core charge.

Sponsored

mustangmike86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
Has anyone here programmed there own APIM using ABD data?
I have and even got nav to show up but i didnt go any further because i didnt have the sync 3 update with nav to install for the maps, i did however enable nav on sync 2 and everything functioned

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Last edited: