Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Chad R. Shiffler, a 33-year-old resident of Farmsworth Drive in Palm Coast, was driving his 2007 Mustang south on I-95 this morning when, driving carelessly as he shifted lanes, he crashed the car into the woods, was seriously injured, and required evacuation by air.

Shiffler, according to the Florida Highway Patrol, was in the center lane of the three-lane southbound highway. He was seeking to pass traffic. When he attempted to change lanes, from the center to the inside lane, a “combination of worn rear tires and excessive acceleration” caused him to lose control of the vehicle on the wet asphalt as the Mustang was entering the left lane.

rest of the story here: https://flaglerlive.com/105825/chad-shiffler-crash/
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Since it reads "this one by you," it comes off as if you're the one who crashed. Took me a few moments to put together your location and the location reported in the story. Your subject should read "this one near me" to make it clear that you are referring to geographical location, not ownership. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Mr. Shiffler looks like a tool.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Since it reads "this one by you," it comes off as if you're the one who crashed. Took me a few moments to put together your location and the location reported in the story. Your subject should read "this one near me" to make it clear that you are referring to geographical location, not ownership. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Mr. Shiffler looks like a tool.

I read it the way he intended and didn't see it your way until I read your post. Oh well English I guess.

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I am overly sensitive to bike crashes because I ride... I hope they wire that dude up.

I read a lot of studies about crashes and almost every 2 vehicle crashes where a bike and car are involved it's because the car turned left in front of the bike.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I am overly sensitive to bike crashes because I ride... I hope they wire that dude up.

I read a lot of studies about crashes and almost every 2 vehicle crashes where a bike and car are involved it's because the car turned left in front of the bike.
DUI? 25? Unless he gets a really good lawyer, he is done.

Sad... so preventable.

Between drunks and mobile phones, I'm not sure I'll ever ride again. Just the other day a guy in a white van went into my lane... I pull along side and he is obviously still trying to text or send an email driving 60 mph. Crazy.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I guess shiffler was shiftless....

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance

I had a TL1000R and I never drove the speed limit like almost all bikes you see. I had lots of close calls in the same situation, but it was my issue for hauling A$$.

I hope they wire him up as well. I have zero sympathy for anyone who drives impaired.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Let's just post more mustang wrecks so all the other gm and Dodge owners have more ammo. Lol "Sarcasm"

Sponsored

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
The tool in the blue Mustang was attempting to do a U turn to face the black Mustang driven by the two girls. And he killed the motorcyclist in the process.
Sponsored