Best place in Dallas/Ft Worth to have tires changed on R wheels

rcbjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R
Just acquired a 2016 GT350R. I would like to save the PS2s for track days and run Michelin PSS tires for street use. I am very concerned about damage to the R wheels when changing tires. Discount Tire has never worked with these wheels and they dinged one of the wheels on my M5 last year. Any suggestions about where to have this tire change done safely greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
You should contact one of the sponsors here. They usually have the newest machines, so when they mount the tires to their new rims, no issues.

OP
OP

rcbjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R
Thanks, but I looked at the sponsor list- couldn't find any that were locally based.

DFWStangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White GT
I just used NTB in Keller on North Tarrant to swap my stock wheels for some OE Wheels satin black PP replica wheels and they were very careful with the rims to make sure they didn't scratch them. You may want to give them a try. I usually buy tires from Discount but they have been known to be rushing their work when busy which is most of the time.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your local performance alignment shop or performance/racing shop. They know how to not screw up people's rims.

OP
OP

rcbjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R
Thanks for the input. I tried Vorshlag and Cobb Tuning in Plano (local performance/racing shops) but both declined to take the risk. I will keep looking. I guess a Ford dealership would have to do it...
Sponsored