Sponsored

Camaro vs 18 Mustang H2H

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm afraid the PP1 honestly isn't going to be that much more different than the 15 - 17 cars except for more power. What it really needs is dampers that don't bounce around so damn much...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
PP was a nice package for three grand. At four :tsk: But not a track package. 1LE will win this comparo.:shrug:

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm afraid the PP1 honestly isn't going to be that much more different than the 15 - 17 cars except for more power. What it really needs is dampers that don't bounce around so damn much...
I test drove a couple of 18 PP1 cars with the base suspension and it felt vastly improved compared to my 2015 which was indeed very bouncy. Also, the PP1 MT tested probably had magneride.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The PP1 is far too under tired (both width and compound) compared to the 1LE. Without an upgrade in that department, it's a losing battle.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I test drove a couple of 18 PP1 cars with the base suspension and it felt vastly improved compared to my 2015 which was indeed very bouncy. Also, the PP1 MT tested probably had magneride.
Well if my feelings are accurate about the test, than that's DEFINITELY not good. However, I've been doing a lot of reading and from what Ford engineers have been saying, it sounds like the MagneRide on the GT cars was definitely focused on streetability.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Probably should have waited for the PP2 to be out before you try and compare something. Unless you like taking a knife to a gunfight. Then again stranger things have happened and maybe the results will be surprising.

OP
OP
Syphon23

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
How do we know its not a PP2? Maybe they got their hands on one?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
They already said on twitter PP2 will be available around march 18, so of course they will not wait that long before making a H2H Video.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Track time is only part of the experience of driving a car. The Mustang is better than the Camaro in so many ways, a couple seconds difference around a track is a minor part of the comparison... or at least it should be unless you are buying the car exclusively for track driving with no street driving. Most of us spend 98%+ of our time on the street, so buying a car only to gain a couple seconds on the track is not a good decision.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I never owned a ford that didnt bounce down the road

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Track time is only part of the experience of driving a car. The Mustang is better than the Camaro in so many ways, a couple seconds difference around a track is a minor part of the comparison... or at least it should be unless you are buying the car exclusively for track driving with no street driving. Most of us spend 98%+ of our time on the street, so buying a car only to gain a couple seconds on the track is not a good decision.
Ford knows this..and knows that those that track their cars make up only a small portion of overall sales...and a large portion of warranty claims.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ford knows this..and knows that those that track their cars make up only a small portion of overall sales...and a large relative percentage of warranty claims.