Sponsored

GT PP2 or gt350 or SS1LE

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro 2SS, 2015 Sierra 1500
Guys,

I have been lurking around the forums for a while now. I've have been in the car market for some time now. Im having a real hard time deciding on what car i want to buy.

I was sold on a 1le Camaro coming from a GM only family after seeing the price on a lightly used gt350 my eyes have been opened.

Further complicating things i now discovered the GT with the PP2 package.

someone give me some insight on this. I plan on driving this car everyday and i live in PA. The car will see come light snow and I'm prepared to pick up a set of snow tires for whatever i buy.

I have driven the camaro 2ss not 1le nd i have never been in the seat of a 350 or a gt. im working with my local dealers to make this happen.

i have a feeling that once i drive a 350 and get some seat time it might sell me on finding a used one.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 if I were in your shoes.

The other two might nip at it's heals but it's by a wide margin better looking/sound/cooler overall.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
I don't own one yet, but GT350 gets my vote. Camaro's are nice but....I'm not a Chevy guy.

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i left out some information.

the GT i spec came out to around 49,000
The 1SS 1LE came to 45,000
The 2SS 1LE came to about 50,000

Im finding some used gt350s in my area for around 50,000 or just under/over under 10k miles.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If youre getting a GT350 get a 17 or at least a 16 track pack.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own one yet, but GT350 gets my vote. Camaro's are nice but....I'm not a Chevy guy.
I have always been a GM guy but after looking more into fords newer cars i love the new interor/dash on the 18s + the recaros.

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a hell of a lot more expensive to maintain as well.
You mean the GT350 would be more expensive to maintain? for example what do you mean tires or just maintenance in general?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I plan on driving this car everyday and i live in PA. The car will see come light snow and I'm prepared to pick up a set of snow tires for whatever i buy......

This is the main point I'm picking up.

Were I in your shoes, firstly, do you want a quasi Sports Coupe that can be occasionally tracked? Or do you want a Grand Tourer that is good on twisty roads, but comfortable to drive on a daily basis.

First, the outward visibility of the Camaro is bad, horrible. But they do allow for a sunroof, something the Mustang doesn't offer. So that's a key decision. If you want the sunroof, your decision is made for you.

I myself would prefer a daily driver to be more Grand Touring oriented. I want comfort and visibility to be good. I'd actually suggest a straight GT PP Premium, perhaps even with the 10SPD auto, although the 6SPD MT is better for creating that driving involvement and pleasure.

The PP2 would be great too, but it's going to cost more in tires.

Of your choices, I would do a 6SPD PP2 GT Premium, and keep the additional options down, to not drive the cost up. And I'd delete that stupid rear spoiler. But I myself would do a straight PP/6SPD with magneride, no adjustable exhaust, no LCD dash, in a GT Premium. You can do the PP2 wider front wheels aftermarket. Get a set of PP1 rear wheels and put them on the front maybe.

A used GT350 wouldn't be a consideration. Everything that it needs is more expensive in maintenance, and I wouldn't want a used car in the financial park you're playing in. I'd want brand-new, full warranty.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You mean the GT350 would be more expensive to maintain? for example what do you mean tires or just maintenance in general?
Every single aspect about the GT350 will be more expensive to replace/repair/maintain than the GT from the brake pads to having to replace a piece of GT350-specific trim.

Back when I was big into the SN95 modding community there existed a thing called the Cobra tax, that was that anything related to the SVT Cobras costed a lot more because it was a on somewhat of a different level than all of the other Mustangs. Shelby is basically the same way.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
$140 oil changes every 5K or so of daily driving.

The supersports wear like iron though compared to the tires on the 1LE or the Cup2 tires. You need the cup2 level tires to get the most of out of any of the mentioned cars.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
you have to decide what you want your car to be. I know it sounds weird, but i had to admit to myself "do i want a track focused car that will only see a track MAYBE AT MOST once a year i have to live with every day?"

If i was in your shoes I'd get either the GT Premium or the 2SS, leaning to the 2SS. I know the GT350 is special, and great, but it's an unproven engine that may have some quirks down the line and will be one off and expensive to repair/replace. That's just me though.

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So let me give some more background.

I'm 25 i work construction (construction manager-no tools or actual work-mostly paper pushing) i dont care about comfort of the ride to much but i would want meg ride if i could. i will likely be able to stay out of the mud with whatever i get.

I just want something cool honestly fun to drive i'm sick of driving my truck and miss having a V8 car. i'm leaning away from the 1LE as i owned one before and i have the notion of been there done that even though the 6gen SS's are completely different animals from the 5th gens.

with that said i'm leaning towards a gt350. It just makes me nervous that i would have to buy it used to stay around my 50k budget. Anyone have recommendations of what to look for when buying these things used besides the obvious common wear and tear? ill be checking tire tread and all that good stuff.

Lets put it this way i keep my vehicles in good condition and clean them every week. But i know how i drive and i'm sure most people beat on them at some point.

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also whatever i get has to be able to spank my buddy's M2 around the track lol.
Sponsored