Sponsored

So what are we going to do about this rear bumper?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My rear bumper is slowly getting worse. What are my options? It doesn't seem like there is an actual fix at this point.

Do we just accept the gap?
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My rear bumper is slowly getting worse. What are my options? It doesn't seem like there is an actual fix at this point.

Do we just accept the gap?
I would think this is a warranty issue and Ford needs to figure out how to fix it.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Maybe a carbon fiber replacement?

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
It is a warranty fix but whether or not you can fix it is dependant on the brackets. Otherwise it's a replace and respray option under warranty. They took mine off several times to try and reseat it but determined it wasn't possible and was just how the bumper was cut. They offered to replace it but the new one would have to be painted and would not likely match the car perfectly. Not worth it IMO

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Mine is sagging to and if can get Ford to warranty it will have my dependable body shop at least have a go at fixing it. As far as repaint work Relak I had a 2016 blue with black stripes I traded for my 2017 white with blue stripes. On the lower corner of rear fascia it had a gouge place I found when I got it home. Ford had my body shop repaint the whole rear fascia and replace both the stripes on it. I thought the same, that it would never match. It was perfect, if you didn't know you would never know it had been repainted and stripes replaced. They also have a new 2017 Yellow with black stripes on the showroom floor that had to have front fascia repainted with new stripes due to transport messing it up. And you can not tell its been redone either, paint is perfect match also. So a reputable body shop obviously can make it match perfect.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I just live with it. The only time I ever think about it is when threads like these pop up or if I stop and stare at the gap.

I think I'm just getting less anal about my cars as I age. Life's too short to be stress'n on every little detail...

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I'm in the same boat as far as it's getting worse. I think the hardcore aero from track driving is pulling it down. I'm tempted to bring it in at this point and see what they say. If they let me bring it to a body shop of my choice I will have my buddy mess with is and see what fix he comes up with.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be wrong but I believe the guy that did that screw thing posted later on it came back so he gave up.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I think its crap that a 60 thousand plus car gets this gap and you can actually see the tabs and Ford doesn't even acknowledge that theirs a problem or fix. I know the GT Mustang rear fascia is different shape (not much in style) and I'm yet to see one that is gapped in the same place. Kinda like Ford covering there butt by putting out a letter saying you could use a quart of oil every 500 miles instead of addressing this issue also with our Voodoo engines. I love my Shelby but my old beater 2005 Buick with 187,000 miles has nice tight body seams and doesn't use a drop of oil (leaks just a spot about size of a silver dollar from rear main some times) I know, I know its not a Shelby high performance car but still come on Ford wheres the quality to go with the name?

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I know the GT Mustang rear fascia is different shape (not much in style) and I'm yet to see one that is gapped in the same place.
The rear diffuser on the GT350 is added weight that pulls down on the entire rear bumper. Need a way to have it braced back up to the body otherwise gravity will do what it always does.

AutoX R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I don't even know what the bumper issue looks like on our cars. I'm not going to try and find out either, for fear I might notice it on my car.

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
You guys think the Shelby is bad...

A friend of mine took delivery of a Ferrari F12 TdF that had overspray around the air bridge on the front quarter panel and flashing all around the carbon fiber trim piece in that area. He took the rear bumper off to have an aftermarket exhaust put on and one of the mufflers had been hack-sawed so that it would line up with the tips mounted on the bumper.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You guys think the Shelby is bad...

A friend of mine took delivery of a Ferrari F12 TdF that had overspray around the air bridge on the front quarter panel and flashing all around the carbon fiber trim piece in that area. He took the rear bumper off to have an aftermarket exhaust put on and one of the mufflers had been hack-sawed so that it would line up with the tips mounted on the bumper.
Thanks for saving me - I'll never buy a Ferrari now! :ninja:
Sponsored