Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I know there's a massive aftermarket for modding Stangs. And for the vast majority of threads in the various forums here it seems like a lot of people are talking about different mods/additions/changes they've made to their car. But am I one of maybe a handful that has no real desire to mod their car much?

I have made a couple mods but it was focusing on protecting the car... touch-up paint, cargo net in the trunk, Steeda jacking rails, Factory all-weather floor matts, JLT Oil separator.

Nothing for looks, performance, etc.

In fact, I have everyone in my family, including my 6 year old son...telling me to get stripes and I just have no desire. I love how it looks stock. And they all look at me like I'm nuts.

Now in the future, once all warranties are long gone and the car is fully paid off, I do plan to add power. But for the years until then...zero plans to do anything in regard to modding the function or aesthetics of the car.

Anyone else in the same boat...and just thrilled with the car as it came from the factory...or do I need my head examined??

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I'm kinda with you. I like aftermarket but not for anything that will decrease the longevity or reliability of the car. But that's because it's my only daily driving car.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Im in that boat currently as well. I like the idea of enjoying the car as it was from the factory for a while. Ford did a good job!

I did however install an Airaid induction tube and high flow filter - it was a great deal from a local who traded in for a Hellcat.

I also have a cat back exhaust waiting to go on, but I am in the fence on whether to install it or wait.

What I really need is the all weather mats and catch can.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Im in that boat currently as well. I like the idea of enjoying the car as it was from the factory for a while. Ford did a good job!

I did however install an Airaid induction tube and high flow filter - it was a great deal from a local who traded in for a Hellcat.

I also have a cat back exhaust waiting to go on, but I am in the fence on whether to install it or wait.

What I really need is the all weather mats and catch can.
Why wait on the catback?

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
when-you-said-jcvxup.jpg

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
So far I've modified the interior (red leather, 8" screen, steering wheel, Premium trim pieces, etc). I had plans for wheels and suspension but decided against that. I do plan to keep the car for the next 5+ years but I am not in a situation to throw any more money at the car and I do plan to get a Corvette eventually.

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm keeping my GT basically stock. I bought it as my no-fuss daily / grand touring car. It's always ready to go, get's decent MPG, and is comfortable.

My other cars are modded and are always down for some kind of repair or mod, or no longer get reasonable MPG, etc.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Only because emissions testing will make my life hell in the next few years.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
For now...Only have an Airaid intake, and some exhaust mods. Pretty happy with that as it is, but I can't stay away from other mods like springs/wheels/suspension goodies. I'm okay with whatever power it makes now so no hurry for more power + I have lifetime warranty on powertrain and I'm in no rush to mess with that yet lol.

Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Visually, besides wheels springs, mine will be kept stock. I also have a 96 248a GT that looks bone stock minus the wheels and springs. I'll leave the rice to the Instagram whores.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
I'm keeping mine largely stock for now because it's my DD. All I've actually installed is the Steeda Clutch Spring; the BG transmission fluid is going in next oil change, and the differential bushings are going in down the road when I get more things to sure up the rear end.

For right now, I'm just focusing on improving driveability. The car has plenty of power available, I just want to be able to put it to the ground the best I can.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Catback and window tint only. It's my DD, under warranty, and I have 5 years left to pay on it. I don't want to jeopardize any of those things. Once the 60k warranty expires I might go with a power pack or tune and CAI. I'd like to get the PP3 with the GT350 manifold but I have too many more mature things right now to do with 1500 bucks. Adulting sucks.

Reactions: 17

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Coming from Harley Davison where everyone says you need atleast a stage 1 tune, cams, etc. Then there's hundreds of threads of dealers won't warranty this or that. It seems those guys are always chasing an issue. Mustangs and Camaros are the same.

Me, I left my HD stock and it performed well the entire time I had it. I'm perfectly content with a stock V8. I don't consider mufflers or an air filter as modding, but if you change something the ecm needs to be retuned to run correctly I do. I've learned to leave shit alone and enjoy it for what it is and if isn't enough get something else.
Sponsored