Sponsored

Ford Performance/Roush Supercharger?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
When looking at superchargers... how do the 670hp Roush/Ford Performance stack up against other brands/models?

I believe the Roush are accepted by Ford to retain the factory warranty...but does that include if they are installed by the owner or do they need to be factory/dealer installed to retain the warranty?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
When looking at superchargers... how do the 670hp Roush/Ford Performance stack up against other brands/models?

I believe the Roush are accepted by Ford to retain the factory warranty...but does that include if they are installed by the owner or do they need to be factory/dealer installed to retain the warranty?

Thanks

-Emt1581
they need to be installed by an authorized installer I believe. warranty technically becomes roush/for performance but i havent had an issue getting claims done at a dealership. I had my synchros in my transmission changed at the dealer.

as far as comparison to others you will put down a little less. i made 590/520 but just a tune would get you more but then you endanger that warranty you were trying to keep.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Warranty is optional so long as its installed by one of our certified installers or an ASE certed technician. The TVS blowers we use make great power down low, lots of torque.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they need to be installed by an authorized installer I believe. warranty technically becomes roush/for performance but i havent had an issue getting claims done at a dealership. I had my synchros in my transmission changed at the dealer.

as far as comparison to others you will put down a little less. i made 590/520 but just a tune would get you more but then you endanger that warranty you were trying to keep.
After I buy the car, sounds like I need to wait until the warranties are expired before dabbling with adding power. Not going to pay a mechanic to do the install. I'm looking forward to a weekend of doing it myself.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
You have to pay about $1000 to get power train warranty from roush (you get like $10,000 max coverage) . otherwise it's just a warranty on the roush parts.

Why wait until the Ford warranty is done? If it breaks then it will cost the same to fix as now, but you will have an older model.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Getting my Roush/Ford Racing SC in 3 weeks. :headbang:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You have to pay about $1000 to get power train warranty from roush (you get like $10,000 max coverage) . otherwise it's just a warranty on the roush parts.

Why wait until the Ford warranty is done? If it breaks then it will cost the same to fix as now, but you will have an older model.
i think you can still purchase warranty from ford.. i have ford warranty and even had synchros in 1st and 2nd replaced with 0 issues. just went to dealer told them i was hearing a noise they started replacing parts lol.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
all of the other brands have their Pros and Cons. These little TVS blowers do some work for sure. The whipple and procharger are by far the most popular for the S550 chassis followed by the TVS in any of its iterations, then Vortech/Paxton and Kenne Bell.

I personally have a Kenne Bell and i can say its fantastic. Alot of people love the sound and its not lost a race yet. :cheers:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Ford Racing/Roush blower on my '15 PP GT. As with any mod, your factory warranty remains intact for anything not associated with the blower...if a window motor were to go out, the dealer is not going to refuse to repair it because you have a blower....for example. I went with Ford Performance kit for the Ford tune but the extended drivetrain warranty is through Roush. It cost $995 for $10,500 of aggregate coverage.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I'm pretty sure the added warranty only works for the 670 phase 1. Not the phase 2

Sponsored

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
Phase 1 is a extra $1k for the warranty. The Phase 2 is a parts only. If you have never had a fast car then you will be fine with either. If you have then you will come to realize the tunes for these kits are horrible and leave a lot to be desired. I have the 670 kit on mine and it was slow for what it was. It was slow enough the dealer paid to have it tuned. I made 669/506 on the 670 kit with just a catback and a bad ass tune. Should be over 700 now since I did the headers. Car went a 10.42@135. Love this blower for what it is

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Forced Induction and warranty. Those 2 things just seem such opposites. :lol: Making HP and warranty DO NOT go hand in hand. If I could do it over again I would go VMPs blower. It is one hell of a package. I pulled the puny Roush heat exchanger and installed the VMP triple pass as well as the GT500 throttle body. Those 2 items alone were $1400 bought separately. And their blower makes about 25hp out of the box than the Roush. :headbang:

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Some people have issues with the stock roush tune, others do not. I fell into the latter category, my car runs strong and flawlessly and made 593/510 with the lid off and a catback exhaust. Stage 1 670 tune with warranty from an authorized roush dealer. And yes I've had (many) fast cars before lol.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Some people have issues with the stock roush tune, others do not. I fell into the latter category, my car runs strong and flawlessly and made 593/510 with the lid off and a catback exhaust. Stage 1 670 tune with warranty from an authorized roush dealer. And yes I've had (many) fast cars before lol.
Mine ran ok with their tune. I am sure they are always revising their tune to make it perform better. Custom tune is the way to go.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phase 1 is a extra $1k for the warranty. The Phase 2 is a parts only. If you have never had a fast car then you will be fine with either. If you have then you will come to realize the tunes for these kits are horrible and leave a lot to be desired. I have the 670 kit on mine and it was slow for what it was. It was slow enough the dealer paid to have it tuned. I made 669/506 on the 670 kit with just a catback and a bad ass tune. Should be over 700 now since I did the headers. Car went a 10.42@135. Love this blower for what it is
Not sure if it's because the fastest car I've driven (aside from the 2016 Mustang GT I tested) was ~265hp or what but I'm having a hard time grasping how 400hp is slow let alone 670 (really in the high 500's at the wheels)... :shocked:

-Emt1581
Sponsored