Sponsored

Hood paint bubbling!

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I can't believe this. I could deal with the body panel misalignment, the various rattles and the other minor annoyances, but this is something else. I don't have a doubt I can get it replaced under warranty however the cars black and in my experience the new painted part will not match. Was just planning on buying a 2018 later this year however this pita needs to be sorted out prior to that.
77748.jpg
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
damn

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Better question is why trade a 2015 for a 2018 when the 2020 S650 is so close ;)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Has the hood already been repainted for some reason? The finish looks really bad.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are you the original owner of that car? I ask because it looks like that hood may have been re-painted previously. That would also help explain why its rusting.

Edit, sorry didnt see the the last two posts. I'd definitely check the paint reading on that if possible, it does look resprayed.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Paint depth is constant throughout the car ~115 microns. I found traces of the bubbling under the hood as well. I read this is due to ferrous metal contamination during initial paint , but good god you think they would indentify this issue and take steps to prevent it. I can't imagine the new f150s if they have the same issue, forget about just the hood in that situation

Sponsored
OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Sorry to revive this but the bubbling has gotten worse.
My dealer is no help and dodging the issue. Anybody know how to summon Ford customer service into a thread I did it once before when my dual mass flywheel broke on my old car

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
It's present on some of our police explorers

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Sorry to revive this but the bubbling has gotten worse.
My dealer is no help and dodging the issue. Anybody know how to summon Ford customer service into a thread I did it once before when my dual mass flywheel broke on my old car

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] doesn't seem to troll the forums any longer, which is sad. You can start here, and work up, as they direct.

https://owner.ford.com/contact-us.html

You could also try a different dealer.

Anyway, good luck with the problem. It drove me nuts on my black 2006 GT...

JR

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My 2015 has the same problem. It is in the shop now for a new hood. Yes under warranty, but it was my 50th year car, and it was perfect. When I went to the shop today they said they couldn't find my stripe. they were having difficulty getting it. I told them I made it and I can make them a new set, but why do they need that? Turns out the Competition orange (so they say) is impossible to match and they painted the ENTIRE NOSE OF THE CAR to blend the paint. I about lost my friggin mind. The car will be done in a few hours and in my mind, the car is ruined. No longer original, pristine. I imagine runs, drips, bad orange peel. This 2015 is almost three years old, has 7250 miles on it and is garage kept. until later when I get to try to get her, I am sick about them painting the entire front clip.
Sponsored