Sponsored

Ford Performance Power Pack 1 Tune issue, looking for feedback

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Hi guys i installed a Power Pack 1 yesterday on my friends GT and the car def feels faster with the increase in torque but there is something that is bothering us.

there are no DTC in the system the car runs fine but when you jab the throttle it seems to stick open at 3000 RPM, as if the car is on cruise control. You need to jab it twice and the car lunges a bit. it appears the throttle position or throttle by wire engagement is totally off here and i am not sure what we can try. It just doesn't feel right or safe this way, the engine spools up and seems to hang until you dig into the throttle again.

Is this a common attribute to any tune on these Coyote engines? no misfires, no issues just the throttle sticking is a concern for my friend especially in NY traffic.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That's normal with this tune, mine does the same

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
That's normal with this tune, mine does the same
thanks for the feedback, its actually strange that a Ford tune would act like this, would not expect it at all. I will have my friend call their tech line this week to ask some more details on this. the lunging in local driving is whats making him nervous. kinda glad i left mine alone

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I have Power Pack 1. I noticed the throttle hanging at 3K also. It always happens in third gear when I let off the gas. After a few seconds it decelerates without me doing anything. I think I will call the tech line on Monday. They need to fix this. Those few seconds could mean the difference between stopping safely and rear ending someone.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hummmmm.........LUND tunes don't do that...:thumbsup:

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Does the engine hang at 3000 rpm only on the way down (after letting off the throttle)?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I believe its there for more aggressive driving, to keep your RPM's higher so you can get back in the power. Also it is probably there to keep the RPM's from dropping when you shift , Rev matching. I have gotten used to it, never found it unsafe.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
That sounds awful for any type of sport driving. That means you have zero engine breaking = not good.

The throttle should close the instant you let off the pedal, always. Even the stock tune hangs a bit and it's very frustrating.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yeah, I doubt I'd put up with that very long.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
That's a real bummer to hear, hopefully they iron it out.

While mine's a daily driver, I'm not going anywhere near a lund tune or a tune without a warranty program of its own. Already spent 9 months once without a coyote-based DD due to aftermarket tunes.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Does the engine hang at 3000 rpm only on the way down (after letting off the throttle)?
Yes, only on the way down. I bought this tune because of warranty concerns and because I live in California. I'm expecting FP to fix this or advise us on a fix.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Does it drop fast if you brake? Anyone with Automatic with any similar situations?

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Does it drop fast if you brake? Anyone with Automatic with any similar situations?
What I usually experience is letting off the gas in third gear around 4K intending to let the engine braking slow me before stepping on the brake. When the rpm's reach 3K it just hangs there for a few seconds. If I wait and do nothing after a few seconds then the rpm's drop. I'll be interested to see what FP tech support says about this. I'll post what they tell me.
Sponsored