RLCA bearing: who has removed theirs?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:D If I had to do it over again, I would heavily consider doing the BMR shop swap where they send control arms with the new bearings already pressed in and you return your stock control arms. The amount they charge for the service is peanuts compared to the aggravation.
I have the BK055 in my parts closet and I'm still considering doing that.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
:D If I had to do it over again, I would heavily consider doing the BMR shop swap where they send control arms with the new bearings already pressed in and you return your stock control arms. The amount they charge for the service is peanuts compared to the aggravation.
what do they charge for that?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
what do they charge for that?
Sorry, don't remember off the top of my head. You should be able to find it on BMR's site.

Just checked BMR's site and didn't see the option mentioned. Might have to ping them on here. BTW, looked at the BRT001 install tool - pretty slick, and if they had an adapter to also do the toe link bearing, it would be super, super slick. I bet you could buy that and resell it on here for $100 when you're done.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
are the bushings that good that its worth all this trouble?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
are the bushings that good that its worth all this trouble?
IMO, yes. After doing RLCA bearings, toe link bearings (part of track pack) and BMR CB005, it *finally* doesn't feel like I'm driving a fire engine with rear steering when I get on and off the throttle in a turn. Amazing difference really.

Pics of the stock bushing, with lots of "air" vs Steeda bearing.
DSCN2113.JPG
DSCN2115.JPG
DSCN2117.JPG

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
ok so i may skip springs for now and go for this then. trying to narrow down what im getting now and what im getting tax return

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am probably going to soften the car a bit when I do these. Probably 089/082.
That would probably be a good idea. I am planning to take mine off or do something with it. And seeing as how you and I seem to have similar tastes when it comes to these things I thought I'd give you a heads up. At that point I'll be able to give you feedback that might be helpful.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That would probably be a good idea. I am planning to take mine off or do something with it. And seeing as how you and I seem to have similar tastes when it comes to these things I thought I'd give you a heads up. At that point I'll be able to give you feedback that might be helpful.
I definitely want the handling benefits that come from these. I know that they do add a little harshness overall, so I would like to remove some of that from the suspension before adding them. The reduction in compliance and geometric consistency (and the handling benefits of these) is definitely worth keeping, even on a daily driven car, it just has to be matched with an appropriately stiff (or less stiff) spring and damper setup.

If you decide you don't want them anymore, you may consider replacing your control arms entirely, and selling them with the bearing in. That would be a valuable commodity...

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i ordered the BK055 kit through C&D autotech. he installs them in a stock set he has then mails them to you and you send yours back to get the core charge

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I’m thinking about upgrading the RLCA. I currently have CB005, J&M vert links, diff bushes and FRPP shocks paired with BMR handling springs...the wheel hop is gone, but the rear of the car skips out over abrupt surface changes at speed (bump steer if you will) which is quite unsettling. I’m sure there are some benefits to be had with power delivery too.

Am I correct to assume the RCLA bearings help with these issues? Is there any significant difference between the Steeda and BMR offerings other than the price? I like that the Steeda comes with an installation tool.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I think all our cars' rears jump out when going over an on-ramp bump at speed, no matter what the mods. Sheer physics, what.

#WallTooClose
Feels like bushing deflection to me? My GT3 was rock solid with monoballs everywhere and the engine in the wrong spot.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think all our cars' rears jump out when going over an on-ramp bump at speed, no matter what the mods. Sheer physics, what.

#WallTooClose
Mine used to till I changed rear shocks. Now it tracks where I point it.
Sponsored