Sponsored

GT PP2 or gt350 or SS1LE

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
IF you want more of a garage queen rarely driven that's going to hold its value more... get a GT350.
I agree. I would have a tough time daily'ing a GT350. The GT PP1 is a perfect daily though. PP2 would also work but the slightly lowered ride height along with expensive tires wouldn't make it as practical.

IMO, GT PP1 or Camaro 2SS.
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Update: IO drove a gt350 and a ss1le today. i decided to go with the 1le. Ill be picking up a pre-owned certified 2017 ss1le in nightfall grey with 5000 miles. i drove both cars and loved both however financially it was best for me to go with the Camaro. thank you all for the help in the process.

one day i will join the ford community you guys have been a huge help!
Good luck with your new Camaro. My last Camaro was a 67 Yenko 1 of 54 built. 427 with Tri Power and rear disk brakes. The car was an "Animal" and scary fast. But compared to todays refined cars. the ride left a lot to be desired and was hard to control when you were in it. I'm looking forward to my new GT. I hope you do join us in the future.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
GT350. Wouldn't even be up for discussion or a post. The engine in the 350 is just too unique to pass up. Probably more expensive in the long run but if that is coming into question you probably shouldn't be asking to begin with.

I'm sure you will enjoy either or all but my money today would go on the GT350. I really wish I waited and shopped around a little longer and picked one up. I enjoy my 2015 GT/PP but at the time I was shopping no one was yielding on their markups / ADM.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
For me, either Mustang is way ahead of the Camaro all performance things being approximately equal, Mustang is just far more practical in that you can potentially use the back seat and the trunk is way more spacious, not sure what GM was thinking about making a lunchbox size trunk.
Besides the engine, how is the mustang WAY ahead exactly? The s550 platform certainly isn't more advanced than the Alpha platform. The A10 is a GM/Ford co-creation that was already in the ZL1 and will likely go in the 19' SS.

I've owned both and both pretty much have useless back seats equally.
The camaro trunk space is fine, it's the opening that's smaller.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Besides the engine, how is the mustang WAY ahead exactly? The s550 platform certainly isn't more advanced than the Alpha platform. The A10 is a GM/Ford co-creation that was already in the ZL1 and will likely go in the 19' SS.

I've owned both and both pretty much have useless back seats equally.
The camaro trunk space is fine, it's the opening that's smaller.
I agree - The Alpha platform is world class and in a different class than the s550's, The Camaro has the best M6 of the 3, The LT1 is no joke and pretty easily modded, and I still admire the simplicity of one cam over 4, it's lower center of gravity, and its lighter weight, and low end torque. The Camaro is the better car, but the Mustang has styling and practicality elements that draw me to it. While the interior is cozier in the Camaro, I admire Chevy for upping their game on interior quality.

I'm getting ready buy either a 1SS 1LE or a 18 GT with PP and its a hard decision. Today I'm leaning toward the Mustang, but its hard to make that decision because the Camaro SS 1LE is just so damn good.

Plus I can pay cash for either car and I cant justify the extra coin for a GT 350

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree - The Alpha platform is world class and in a different class than the s550's
What have you been smoking? Seriously, you are so far off base.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I agree the S550 chassis is well behind the alpha in technology and as a performance platform. They did wonders with an old platform being updated to meet modern standards, but all new should save a good bit of weight while dealing with the increasingly stupid IIHS crash tests. (next time I hit a bank vault at 40mph at a perfect angle with a tiny sliver of my car, I'll be that tiny bit safer)

But Mustang has been selling better because its a better car. Its not a tiny pillbox on wheels. It looks distinct compared to older models, and compared to most things on the market.

I hope with the high sales internationally, that the mustang will get a full modern platform for the next gen.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
You know, you must be right - the Alpha Platform sucks. For example, consider the pathetic performance of this Alpha platform vehicle at this Mickey Mouse track in Northern Germany:

[ame]

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
You know, you must be right - the Alpha Platform sucks. For example, consider the pathetic performance of this Alpha platform vehicle at this Mickey Mouse track in Northern Germany:

The ZL1 1LE is one of the fastest production cars ever made. It has supercar performance for a not-supercar price.

With that being said, this is a :ford: forum and people get very upset when you mention how fast Chevys are, Camaros in particular.

Lastly, OP, test drive an '18 GT PP. I think you will love it.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The ZL1 1LE is one of the fastest production cars ever made. It has trackcar performance for a trackcar price.

With that being said, this is a :ford: forum and people get very upset when you mention how fast Chevys are, Camaros in particular.

Fixed your post.

Tracktimes aren't the end all when looking at performance. Most supercars never see the track...and most care about exclusivity, 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed....where the ZL1 1LE is far...far....far behind.

The ZL1 1LE is not even in the same realm of overall performance as modern supercars. Does it do well on a track? Yup...but that's about all it can do. It's a purpose built track car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You know, you must be right - the Alpha Platform sucks.
You don't seem to have very good reading comprehension skills.

The Mustang and Camaro chassis aren't that different from a functional standpoint. Both are better than most people can use. Neither out-classes the other in a way that's obvious if you drive them around on the street.

The ZL1 1LE is one of the fastest production cars ever made. It has supercar performance for a not-supercar price.

How fast a car is doesn't directly tell you whether it has a "world class" or "superior" chassis. It might just tell you that the car has a lot of aerodynamic aids, very stiff suspension that is basically unlivable on the street, extremely wide and sticky tires that are expensive and will wear out quickly, and a big, powerful engine.

You seem to be getting off topic changing the argument to suit your needs. Can you prove to me with facts that the Camaro chassis is by far better than the Mustang chassis?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Bottom line! BOTH cars are pretty sharp and offer us a lot. As a former Chevy owner I had a few..... A 52, 55, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 66, 66, 66, 67, 67, 67, 68, 69, 70, 73, 75, 77, 80, 85, 87,.....................And then I switched to the DARK SIDE. and bought a 1989 Fox Body LX 5.0 , 5 speed brand new and found I had been missing a lot. This car was fast for it's time and was a blast to drive. And just as easy to modify. (I found out that I really liked what FORD had to offer and I have never returned to Chevy.) My last three rides were a 2010 5sp, then a 2011 GT Prem. 6pd, 2015 GT Prem. Auto and now I'm waiting for my 2018 GT Prem. 6 speed. I'm pretty stoked as to what the 18 has to offer and I have mine pretty loaded up as well as a garage full of parts ready to install, I love the Mustang Just saying.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
How fast a car is doesn't directly tell you whether it has a "world class" or "superior" chassis. It might just tell you that the car has a lot of aerodynamic aids, very stiff suspension that is basically unlivable on the street, extremely wide and sticky tires that are expensive and will wear out quickly, and a big, powerful engine.

You seem to be getting off topic changing the argument to suit your needs. Can you prove to me with facts that the Camaro chassis is by far better than the Mustang chassis?
Quoted for posterity.

Thank you for the great laugh this Monday morning.
Sponsored