Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake
Well, how does one create demand?...If they had that size available, I would scoop up a set with a quickness.

These companies should have a presence on these message boardsand wheel and tire shops to glean some opinions. If they took a poll on Mustang6G they would see that there would be plenty of demand for a 19x10/285 35 19 wheel and tire combo.

what's wrong with these salespeople?????
I understand what you are saying and agree for the most part that 19x10 is great size to run with 285's all around. Like the other dude said on here it has to go through a process of R&D, new mold, new part number, certifications, import fee's etc..
But thank you all the information has been passed along to the manufacture brother :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
@Midtenn_S550 on IG with his new setup! Our Vossen X Work VWS-2 with polished lip and Matte Graphite Face :headbang:

F: 20x10 +30 w/ 275/30/20
R: 20x11 +47 w/ 305/30/20

36907559114_d55ac4f78d_b.jpg

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You have a point Ronnie, Many brands including our self's ( MRR Wheels) are more involved with the Mustang community so we build specified specs that we know by listening to the community what is wanted and needed thats why we will create the 19x10 with out hesitation, the issue with many other brands is that they see a 19x8.5 as a front and a 19x9.5 as a rear they feel that this works on a mustang as a general fitment but they can also extend the cost of this mold for many more cars like Audi, mercedes, BMW, Lexus etc, in other words they where not thinking of just the Mustang community they where thinking of "how may cars can this fit" same with us may of our older wheels where designed that way but as we started to pay attention to many enthusiast we realize we needed more options and thats why we have 6 models that are specifically for mustang vehicles. any who just wanted to give a little info with out stepping on anyones toe's.:thumbsup:

P,

I hear you. But don't these so-called marketing "experts" know that the Mustang aftermarket parts and accessories segment is HUGE and that you would make an even greater profit then settling for the one-size-fits-all general fitment market. Do they not realize they can market to both? Are they not aware of the Mustang conventions/car shows that go on every year across the country? What car other than Mustang has as big a aftermarket presence for multiple model years? I can't name one!

These wheel manufactures are shooting themselves in the foot.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
P,

I hear you. But don't these so-called marketing "experts" know that the Mustang aftermarket parts and accessories segment is HUGE and that you would make an even greater profit then settling for the one-size-fits-all general fitment market. Do they not realize they can market to both? Are they not aware of the Mustang conventions/car shows that go on every year across the country? What car other than Mustang has as big a aftermarket presence for multiple model years? I can't name one!

These wheel manufactures are shooting themselves in the foot.
There are some things i cant comment as I dont want to get into th wheel politics but I know many young brands care about the image and believe that having a super rare car like lets say adding wheels to a Bugatti is going to generate a bunch of sales for them and that only works for a small percentage, there is nothing better then having proper specs and fitments for specified vehicles. at some point MRR was that wheel brand as well but we quickly adapted to making proper fitments then just snapping a picture of that rare Ferrari that will have only 5 made for the entire world. I rather see our wheels on a Mustang owner who is not afraid to drive there car on the road then to have it on a lambo that is locked away in a car garage cause is afraid of making his first oil change.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I understand what you are saying and agree for the most part that 19x10 is great size to run with 285's all around. Like the other dude said on here it has to go through a process of R&D, new mold, new part number, certifications, import fee's etc..
But thank you all the information has been passed along to the manufacture brother :thumbsup:
Thanks for letting me vent. All I'm saying is once the design is established, the only thing left to decide is what size to make available to the buying public. Manufactures are falling down on the job in determining what people want. There is nothing more frustrating than finally finding a wheel style you like and then finding out they don't have it that size. You've lost a potential customer.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
P,

They should be talking to cats like you who are on the ground floor of installation. You figure out what sizes to make by what people are buying or what potential buyers are asking for. It sounds simple to me. Once you have settled on a particular design, How hard is it to make a wheel in a broader range of sizes? If people are asking for a particular size you don't have, you've already identified demand!
They should and at times companies do and some dont it all depends. Now the main thing is this.

For instance when they create a wheel that wheel is already predone unliek for instance the MRR FS series where we cater it all custom cut and finished on order to the client right.

So for instance Rohana wheels already have the wheels cut finishes and all so they have to justify a for instance 19x10 ET 35 5x114.3 73.1 mm CB wheel on how many viable applications it can work on and how many they could possibly sell.

Thats the main thing every PCD every finish and offset is a unit sku # it has to move to make it viable.

I like wheels where we can cut them to spec it allows for play for the perfect setup IMO

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There are some things i cant comment as I dont want to get into th wheel politics but I know many young brands care about the image and believe that having a super rare car like lets say adding wheels to a Bugatti is going to generate a bunch of sales for them and that only works for a small percentage, there is nothing better then having proper specs and fitments for specified vehicles. at some point MRR was that wheel brand as well but we quickly adapted to making proper fitments then just snapping a picture of that rare Ferrari that will have only 5 made for the entire world. I rather see our wheels on a Mustang owner who is not afraid to drive there car on the road then to have it on a lambo that is locked away in a car garage cause is afraid of making his first oil change.

No doubt!...I'm wondering do these cats even enjoy actually driving cars. I know i'm preaching to the choir, but there is nothing cooler than somebody pulling up next to you at the signal light or parking lot or pumping gas complementing you on your Mustang. Whether it's the paint job, wheels, suspension, whatever...a car is like a well-fitting suit; it's made to be SEEN and when your car is a Mustang, people will turn their heads on the regular...for seemingly any model of Mustang when it's right and tight.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
They should and at times companies do and some dont it all depends. Now the main thing is this.

For instance when they create a wheel that wheel is already predone unliek for instance the MRR FS series where we cater it all custom cut and finished on order to the client right.

So for instance Rohana wheels already have the wheels cut finishes and all so they have to justify a for instance 19x10 ET 35 5x114.3 73.1 mm CB wheel on how many viable applications it can work on and how many they could possibly sell.

Thats the main thing every PCD every finish and offset is a unit sku # it has to move to make it viable.

I like wheels where we can cut them to spec it allows for play for the perfect setup IMO

P, you need to flex ya clout, young man...start schoolin' these companies!

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
P, you need to flex ya clout, young man...start schoolin' these companies!
LOl as much push as I have im a simple man in a world full of big dogs.

But I got my ways you know that ;)

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)