Sponsored

July 2017 Mustang Sales

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
As a Bob Lutz stated in road and track:

The minute I saw the new Mustang and the new Camaro, I knew Ford had won this round. The Mustang is a design masterpiece: sleek, semi-European, yet still a Mustang. Independent rear suspension or not, it is a winner. The Camaro, an even better car, sinks into quasi-irrelevance. You can’t tell it from the previous one. “The same as before, only smaller” has never been a winning formula in a fashion-conscious segment. The current Camaro, although fabulous, missed the mark.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wow.

Camaro keeps taking it on the chin. There "new and improved" next gen which just came out a year ago should be beating the snot out of the S550 in sales but we are seeing just the opposite...
Has anyone heard any official word from gm if there will be a 7 gen camaro like Ford has already stated the 7th gen s650 Mustang is coming:shrug:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...on-why-the-new-ford-mustang-beats-the-camaro/

Didn't see that you mentioned this already, well there's the link ^

The minute I saw the new Mustang and the new Camaro, I knew Ford had won this round. The Mustang is a design masterpiece: sleek, semi-European, yet still a Mustang. Independent rear suspension or not, it is a winner. The Camaro, an even better car, sinks into quasi-irrelevance. You can’t tell it from the previous one. “The same as before, only smaller” has never been a winning formula in a fashion-conscious segment. The current Camaro, although fabulous, missed the mark.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow.

Camaro keeps taking it on the chin. There "new and improved" next gen which just came out a year ago should be beating the snot out of the S550 in sales but we are seeing just the opposite...
Yeah that has been brought up a lot of times and no one has been able to answer the question. The Camaro is a supercar for under 40k and should be outselling the Mustang even with fleet sales. Should easily outsell both the Mustang and Challenger by a wide margin. Challenger is said to be better than the Mustang as well in every way but still not double or triple the sales....

It is possible Ford is putting out fake numbers. Maybe the Mustang is only selling 1k cars a month with fleet sales. That would make a lot more sense in the grand scheme of things. I wonder if there is a way to find the real actual number and not the fake news spread by Ford.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yeah that has been brought up a lot of times and no one has been able to answer the question. The Camaro is a supercar for under 40k and should be outselling the Mustang even with fleet sales. Should easily outsell both the Mustang and Challenger by a wide margin. Challenger is said to be better than the Mustang as well in every way but still not double or triple the sales....

It is possible Ford is putting out fake numbers. Maybe the Mustang is only selling 1k cars a month with fleet sales. That would make a lot more sense in the grand scheme of things. I wonder if there is a way to find the real actual number and not the fake news spread by Ford.
Hahahahahahahahhahah.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Somebodies ben smokin weed with Willie again. :rolleyes:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
The hunterooo is always down on Mustang compared to the Camaro so I was just asking....it was not an obvious joke if one at all as you are trying to claim as evidenced by others chiming in.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The hunterooo is always down on Mustang compared to the Camaro so I was just asking....it was not an obvious joke if one at all as you are trying to claim as evidenced by others chiming in.
Get in the game dude. He's just making fun of a few of the nitwits over on camaro6. And there rhetoric.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Every time you see him rag on the Mustang in comparison to the Camaro, he's joking. He's making fun of Camaro6.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

This really hits the nail on the head. Although as a nominal car guy I can spot the difference between a 5th and 6th gen Camaro, a lot of people can't. I also really don't think the perceived difference in visibility can be overrated. It's not that you really "need" bigger windows to keep from crashing and no doubt you can get used to it, but sitting down inside a new Camaro after coming from pretty much anything gives a first impression of looking through slot windows on a tank. Everything else the Camaro is has to overcome that first impression.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
30% of the nearly 150,000 S550's built in 2017 were Overseas Sales. That is up from 18% in 2016 (10% in 2015). 30% of 150,000 cars is 45,000-ish RETAIL SALES. Those sales are usually at a much higher transaction price.

Fleet sales for 2015, 2016 and most likely 2017 will be around 18% because THAT is the annual target.

Rental Companies only order 45,000 2door, rear drive sport coupes a year. The S550 fulfills around 35,000 of those orders. The 15,000 other orders are Challnger and Camaro. This is down from 60,000 cars in the 2011-'13 era. Overall, Fleet sales of the Mustang has been slightly reduced from 2013. Previously, 20-25% of S197 production was Fleet/Rental but at a lower transaction cost per unit. It appears the Mustang has a monopoly on rental car sales. If Chevy could get that contract from Ford, trust me, to keep Lansing open, they would.

The S550 has been more profitable than the 2006-'07 S197. Overall sales are down yes but the MSRP is up. The 2005 sold 166,000 whole the 2015 sold close to 150,000 worldwide.

The 2018 is a better looking car hands down. Compare them side by side in person, there is not dispute. The Gen 3 Coyote is sick, I am amazed at what a 5 liter can do. Surprised at the slight displacement increase.

The ATS/CTS/Camaro won't sell enough in 2018 to continue production. Lansing is dangerously close to 60,000 cars a year. Without the ATS/CTS, MSRP will skyrocket or production must end.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Haha yes it is a long running joke :headbang:

You should check out some of the threads pretty funny stuff :lol:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
As much as I love Mustangs, Dodge has really been making some cool toys lately (Hellcats, Scat Packs, Demons, etc.). And there is no denying that the sales numbers for the Challenger are trending up.
I don't like the retro design of the Challenger, but I have to say they really understood how important marketing is. Just look how many teasers they did for the Demon for every little spec, while Ford just sit and waiting half a year without a word of new facelift details - And then they released about 5 videos about new features within a week :headbonk:
Also take a look at Hollywood movies. What's John Wick driving without it's 69 Mustang? A Dodge, why not a S550?
It feels like most modern movies/series that features a modern muscle car with a Special "look how awesome this car is"-scene is getting a Dodge Challenger. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Fast & Furious, Ninja Turtles or recently Baby Driver.

I think the media appearances are way more important than people think. 5th Camaro didn't sold so good because the car was that good, but it was hyped by Transformers by an insane amount. Here in Germany most people don't know what a Camaro is but recognize it instantly as Bumblebee.

But I also think that the high price tag of the camaro is hurting it's sale. As the Mustang Facelift they raised the priced up by $4.000-$5.000 compared to the previous model. With Facelift and Camaro having a smiliar price tag and the Mustang also having a controversial design now I'm really curious how that will impact the sales.
Sponsored