Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its very hard for me to leave anything stock BUT when modding, I make sure its all reversible so it can be put back to stock..

Best of both worlds.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
It's a dog stock. Everyone thinks I'm racing them at stoplights just to get the bitch moving.
"Dog" is a relative term. My 95 was a "dog" until I installed the Vortech, but my stock 2017 GT will run off and leave my supercharged 95. :)

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
I'm also going to keep mine 'fairly' stock. I have a Corsa Extreme catback and enjoy stepping on the big pedal. I plan on getting the PP2 kit so I get a little more grunt and keep it relatively stock and warranty friendly? I would love to put some 20" rims and tires but the 19's will do just fine for me. Maybe a spoiler and wait to see what the next generation S650 looks like etc.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
If you're nervous, just do lots of research. Plan your mods to match your goals, rather than doing what's popular (sometimes those align, sometimes they don't).
This.

This is an amazing forum with plenty of people that have been there, done that. Basically pick and choose what I like and plan for that. More so, plenty of people sharing their experience of what worked and what didn't (the Tesla head unit thread is an amazing read).

Let the people with the fatter bank rolls take a chance on new products and share their experiences; if I like it, do it myself, otherwise wait or move on :)

I'm still planning for:
-- New exhaust
-- Air lift suspension
-- I like that front splitter I've seen with the 2 struts holding it to the bumper but with snow in the winter, it looks like it'll be a snow plow so not sure
-- Kinda wanna get in on the Tesla head unit but we're iPhone users so not sure I'm willing to lose the Car Play integration
-- I like the oil cooler mod and the bigger intercoolers - I could do those myself but I won't be going to a track and it never gets WTF hot in Buffalo - so those will be more just as a precaution then anything else.
-- Still want stripes (still can't decide what)

If I did all that, I guess that would be moderately modded? But most of it sounds pretty stock standard bolt on stuff...

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I have a bad disease when it comes to cars. I can't leave them alone. I have to mod something.

Just one example. Back many years ago. I drove a brand new 10 miles on the OD Mazda truck off the lot straight to the garage and cut the roof off with a sawsall and installed a removable hard top kit.

The current ride has a few things done with plenty more still in the plans.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Current: Borla Touring cat-back, JLT separator, carbon fiber rear license plate frame
Soon: Steeda sway bars and Steeda...?
Later as needed: Koni struts, shocks and Michelins - 275 square
After warranty - maybe 10,000 miles driven: Lund tune
Done

To each, his own and happy modding!

Maybe sell ''08 GT for S650?
Keep '16 GT

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
My 2014 GT Prem 'vert has had some mods. Got it out of my system.

I'm ordering a 2018 GT 'vert done my way. Never did that before. This time I just want a well handling, powerful, nice weather top-down cruiser.

Royal Crimson
6 speed
Black accent
Carbon/Alcantara interior
Active exhaust

It's staying stock except for a stubby antenna, stow-away front plate, embroidered floor and trunk mats, and a retro white cue ball shift knob.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The mod I might eventually do is an after market drive shaft to eliminate the stock drive shaft vibration.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Drop in K&N air filter and 35% tint are the only mods.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Kept it stock for 9 months or so, went with Corsa Sport cat back, wheels, tires, front grill and stripes after that, After getting this done, it was like climbing into a new car. Only thing I may do now is PP2 next spring.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Pure stock. Planning to get the strut tower brace and a JLT oil can. Those should be stock anyways IMHO. I have considered steeda stuff for the rear to tighten it up but I am not sold on those as I need to find a reputable place to put them on.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
2012 GT manual: Left stock
2013 GT manual: Left stock
2016 GT auto: Remains stock

I had an 11 V6 base model (auto/2.73's), tuned it because I didn't like the way the auto shifted. Also bettered my 14.2 quarter in the process, went 14 flat with Hypertech tune.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
My car is still all stock at the one year mark, i want to eventually mod it but nothing cheap or flimsy, may get some mufflers while under warranty if thats possible. But as soon as the warranty goes, or i feel comfortable that my car is pretty much kink free i will start saving for a roush supercharger and billet opg and a hd clutch. And probably buy some leather take offs or katskin leather to install.
Sponsored