Sponsored

Ford Performance Power Pack 1 Tune issue, looking for feedback

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
The RPMs absolutely hang a bit on the stock tune and it drives me mad. They also sorta float on the downswing around 2k rpm. Try it sometime, you'll see.

Any type of 'hang' like this is pure crap and counterproductive to proper sports car control. What you want is immediate engine-braking the instant you let off the throttle.

I'm really hoping someone like Lund can A) do away with this completely, and B) remove/reduce the massive torque limiter (delay) when snapping the throttle open at low/mid rpms.

This PP1 "sounds" cool but it also sounds "un-polished" which is, frankly, what I'd expect.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
After the final numbers and cost on the 18, I will keep my 16, but I am considering PP1 to bump performance as close to 18 as possible. I don't want pp2 due to the cutting and sound tube delete because getting back to stock is not feasible. This hang issue sounds like what the auto does in sport anyways. Has anyone with an auto with 3.55 done this and think it is worth the coin?

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I downloaded the revised calibration on Thursday 7/27, and it seems to have curred the rev hang and the twitchy throttle response. Feels smoother and less abrupt.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I don't want pp2 due to the cutting and sound tube delete because getting back to stock is not feasible. This hang issue sounds like what the auto does in sport anyways. Has anyone with an auto with 3.55 done this and think it is worth the coin?
I think I saw a thread where it was possible to not delete the cover if that's what you were worried about.

I do have an auto w/ 3.55 but with the PP2 and I think it's okay. I get just a smidgen of pushback feel in normal mode whereas before that feel was only in sport mode. Overall its a nice bang for your buck especially if you dont want to lose warranty.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like how pp2 removes the sound tube and you have to do some cuts around the air box...which part of the install did you see deleted?

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
All revised tunes PP1 n pp2 seem to be awesome! Original tunes drove like crap! Good fix ford but really you should if gotten it right the 1st time. With that said my pp2 tune hauls ass and drives perfect!!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did they revise the tunes? What are the filter options for PP1 and 2....do you have to stick with k&n?

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
When did they revise the tunes? What are the filter options for PP1 and 2....do you have to stick with k&n?
Not exactly sure when they revised the tunes, but I thought it was earlier this year. PP1 comes with a k&n drop in filter. PP2 comes with a shitty paper cone filter. You can use whatever filter you want.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I wonder if they will or have revised the pp3. It doesn't seem to have these same problems except for cold start rev hang

Sponsored

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
The download program will show a updated tune for whatever package. As far as the filters one thing to keep in mind. The only way to increase flow is to decrease filtration or increase filter size. I trust a larger paper filter over a K&N. Has to be a reason they’re not OEM on any car. Just my two cents.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I got a voicemail from Ford Performance on 7/21/17 that a revised cal for the pp1 was on their server and available to download. Plugged into the OBD port, logged on and downloaded the cal. Downloaded really fast. Less than one minute.
Sponsored