Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
That spoiler though... Vomit!! If it didn't have that center section it would honestly be pretty bad ass.
If their goal was to make it more customize able they should allow you to choose your wing/spoiler. Including the GT350R sytle.
Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Based on that it puts my car id like around the 44,955 range, i dont know what the PP cost i just knock 150 off list price. so for me basically a Premium PP with 401a and active exhaust.. if it sounds good in person. man... idk.. 2017 will be around 10k less i mean thats a supercharger.. thats decisions ill have to make come end of the year.
the PP is $3995, i wanted it with magneride which was another $1695 and you have to have PP to get MR, so i opted not to spend the extra $5700 just to get those and got the 20 inch rims instead.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
congrats ! I see you're getting it with the new 10spd. On the order & build site you can get the 10spd with both the 3:15 & 3:55 rear end. it looks like you chose the 3:15. I'm curious what the difference would be with the new auto. I know the 3:55 was a common upgrade for the 15-17 manuals.

thanks! :)
i asked my dealer if i should upgrade the gears and he said the way they have the 10 speed in the truck, the shifts are so fast, you really dont need the gears. i just have the standard gears in my 2017 with auto and ive never complained on that, so i just left it alone.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
i asked my dealer if i should upgrade the gears and he said the way they have the 10 speed in the truck, the shifts are so fast, you really dont need the gears. i just have the standard gears in my 2017 with auto and ive never complained on that, so i just left it alone.
very cool thanks !! I was wondering why they had that option for the auto, it doesn't seem to make any sense but what do I know !!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
BLIS and cross traffic are worth their weight in gold.
so is just good old fashioned paying attention and defensive driving.

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Maybe I'm missing something but why is everyone obsessed with having Magneride? I haven't driven a GT350 with it but I've driven Camaros, Corvettes and some Germans with the Magnetic Ride Control or Adaptive Dampers and it makes very little difference. In the GM cars I honestly couldn't even tell anything at sane speeds. Maybe at the track it's more noticeable. And if most on here swap springs anyway, why pay 4k for the Performance Pack and upgrade them just to take them off? If the 2018 suspension has some improvements already, unless you're a diehard track guy and need the Brembos I think if most are being realistic about their street driving, they'd probably be better off sticking with the standard suspension and saving $5,500. Might help with the price hike. But to each their own.
There's a significant difference. Having magneride is optimal for both handling and comfort. I've been in a C7 with magneride and the ride is MUCH soother than mine.

If you don't have the PP which stiffens the hell out of the suspension for handling, I honestly don't expect you to understand. It's something you notice longer term.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Build & Price website is glitchy, especially when wanting to see an image of the car you just built !! Why can't Ford have a nice modern clean website just like...oh nevermind lol

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
$48k for the same build as my 2016PP....eek!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
thats just the order sheet, we work out the price later, ive bought 13 cars from them in the last 3 years, believe me they are fair when we go to discuss pricing.
:doh:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ahhhhhh no. Comparing numbers on a spreadsheet does not a C7 make. Have you driven one in anger? Around curves? Then you'd quickly know that the Mustang isn't really on level playing field - it's heavier, higher CG, less rubber, and the suspension just isn't as good.

I like curves, and having driven both a C7 GS and Z06 in anger on backroads, I will tell you that they're the best sports cars I've ever driven. The Z06 is amazing for a factory vehicle.

And this is compared to my 17 GTPP that's on square 285 MPSS. Both the GS and Z06 have essentially the same rubber up front, but they do more with it.

Weeeeeeell, they're not lightweight. At least, not anymore lightweight than the base cloth seats. Seat heaters don't add anywhere near as much weight as the airbags do - and the Recaros have airbags.

What's really annoying is on the 15-17's, it cost the same to upgrade to Recaros whether you got cloth (base) or leather (premium.) On the base you were truly getting an upgrade. But on the Premium, you lost the power adjustment and you lost the heating/cooling.

I really like my cloth Recaros. They're not too awfully sweaty, and I prefer to drive around windows down, AC off even when it's 90 and 100% humidity here. If they were leather though, they'd suck right now. And it looks for all the world like Ford has discontinued the cloth Recaros.
Have you driven a GTPP2 in anger? Me either...

If a 1LE can put a Stingray on notice, trust me, a 460hp GTPP will too.

The top of the line GTPP w/ MR is probably capable of out tracking a 1LE. Unless you think Ford just let that go.

If a standard GT is near equal to a '17 GTPP, a PP2 was probably benchmarked on the 1LE. New tires I hear as well.

The Mustang is starting to shoot for the Vette so the Camaro has no where to go. It has more power and is cheaper... maybe the surprises aren't over yet. Seeing that this is a rather in depth improvement, one thing is for sure. The Camaro's future has become even more shaky.

Sponsored

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
thats just the order sheet, we work out the price later, ive bought 13 cars from them in the last 3 years, believe me they are fair when we go to discuss pricing.
At first I thought you wrote 13 cars in the last 13 years, and I was like :confused:

Then I realized it was 13 cars in 3 years and I was like :eyebulge:

You have one expensive hobby! Best of luck to you with the '18. Hope you like it. I guess you'll be ordering the '19 in another year, even if you don't. :doh:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Driven a newer car with adaptive cruise? It's fucking sweet.
My mom's 2016 Acura ILX has it and my dad loves it. I've never driven with it on. But my next Mustang has to have it!!

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I'd humbly suggest you consider magnetic as well!

I configured a Magnetic convertible with the Black Accent pkg and it does look killer. Sterling Gray Metallic was one of my top color choices when I was looking for my 2014. Couldn't find one with a manual trans on the lots though and I bought a triple black with 401A off the showroom floor.

There are a ton of Mustangs in my area of NJ but it seems that everyone has Magnetic (or an SGM S197). Next to black (my S197) those two colors are all I ever see on the road or at shows.

I'm digging Royal Crimson but need to see it in person with the top down. Not every color works well on a convertible, but that's just my subjective opinion. I wish the configurator would show top down convertible images.

I'm also very interested in seeing a rag top in Kona Blue.
kb configure2.JPG

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
At first I thought you wrote 13 cars in the last 13 years, and I was like :confused:

Then I realized it was 13 cars in 3 years and I was like :eyebulge:

You have one expensive hobby! Best of luck to you with the '18. Hope you like it. I guess you'll be ordering the '19 in another year, even if you don't. :doh:
i probably wont order the 2019, ill probably wait and hold on for the next refresh, 2020 or 2021 and see what the hybrid is about as well.

Now ill bet we end up trading in my wife 17 fusion sport sometime before that, she will get bored with it im sure!

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I've been watching mustang prices obsessively now for a few months.

A 2017 GT in non-premium color w/ Performance Pack can be had (brand new) for around 32,500. That's about 5,000 below sticker.

A 2018 GT in non-premium color w/ performance pack prices out to 39,990.

Take 5,000 off of the above near the end of 2018 and you're looking at 34,990.00.

So a 2018 is gonna cost me a couple thousand more. 'Improved' tranny, twin-disc, DCT, MPS 4S tires and a few other goodies ....

Worth 2,000 ? I think so.
Sponsored