Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
And they still dont offer heated and cooled seats for the Recaros. Really annoying.

That's a good thing IMO. The Recaros are meant to be the 'lightweight' performance seat option.
Sponsored

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Yes the pp is an option you can get with the 10 speed auto. Idk where you're getting 2 tenths from, but it's a lot more than that in just 0-60. No quarter mile time will be even more than that. And $15k? What are you drunk? Lol. Look on the same ford website if I build a loaded premium 2017 it comes out to about $48k. Now that's with the shitty 6-speed auto and no performance package, not to mention no magneride. The point is, you can't go by these prices. I would never get the car loaded though
Tune, Summer tires CAI and headers and performance is virtually the same. Also there won't be any rebates or deals for at least the first year.

I'm not drunk but you probably are if you're considering this with options over a GT350 or a used C7.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Tune, Summer tires CAI and headers and performance is virtually the same. Also there won't be any rebates or deals for at least the first year.

I'm not drunk but you probably are if you're considering this with options over a GT350 or a used C7.
The new 10-speed auto is worth paying a little more. GT350 only comes in manual. And neither cars, especially the C7 is ideal to drive in the winter cold months in Wisconsin where I live. If I want to pay $61,045 for a gt350 with the premium stereo w/ large lcd screen, then sure. But I'm not going to be racing the car around a track. For $41k I can build a premium 2018 with black accent package(for the rims). No it's not with the performance pack and magneride, but that's a $20k difference. Even if you add the pp and magneride, it will still be a lot cheaper. So yeah it's just common sense. The performance mods you said, if were added to the 2018 with the 10 speed would make an amazingly quick 2018 N/A Mustang.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT

You will able to get a new GS in the low to mid 50s

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
One year membership for MCA is $50, that's all it takes.
Is X-Plan noticeably better than negotiating a really hard bargain at several different dealerships?

Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Nah, x plan is basically invoice. For my builds it's $2k-$2400 off from a plain GTPP to GTPP with 301a and magneride or premium GTPP with magneride. I've contacted a couple dealers and 2 won't budge below x plan even after I said I'll shop somewhere closer to me then if that's the best I'll get and the 3rd will do $500 below. I can wait though, no rush.

Edit: when I say invoice I mean fake invoice. There's no way $2k is all the wiggle room these dealers have on a $45k car.
I'm curious about this invoice versus fake invoice thing. Always understood the invoice that they show you is relatively real does not account for dealer holdback, marketing assistance, etc. are you saying there something more hidden then this 3% ish rule of thumb?

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I'm curious about this invoice versus fake invoice thing. Always understood the invoice that they show you is relatively real does not account for dealer holdback, marketing assistance, etc. are you saying there something more hidden then this 3% ish rule of thumb?
You're assuming the guy knows what he's talking about.

Lots of good reading / listening out there. Here's one: https://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/129-cars

Here's another: http://clark.com/cars/eye-opening-truth-about-dealer-invoice-price/

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
with the 10 speed auto the 3:15 rear is standard and you can also get the 3:55 ?? confusing.....which one is better fitted for the 10 speed?? I now many that didn't get the PP opted for the 3:55 with the manual for the 15-17's

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Maybe I missed it but does drag mode come on all models?

Never mind gotta get the pp.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Maybe I missed it but does drag mode come on all models?

Never mind gotta get the pp.
no i believe you need either 301a or 401a for the GT and 101a or 202a for the ecoboost if i am not mistaken.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
no i think mag ride is needed for the optimal time but you get drag mode with or without mag ride.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
with the 10 speed auto the 3:15 rear is standard and you can also get the 3:55 ?? confusing.....which one is better fitted for the 10 speed?? I now many that didn't get the PP opted for the 3:55 with the manual for the 15-17's
Depends on the gear ratios. Which I haven't seen yet for the Mustang. In the Camaro, 1st is crazy low (4.7 vs 3.66) and 10th is about the same as 6th (0.64 vs 0.65) in the MT82. With those I would stick with 3:15s.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I currently own a 2017 GT non PP Mustang. Nicely equipped. I wanted to change things up a bit . Built a fully loaded GT PP auto , came in over 54K. I could spend the coin , not an issue. Since i have always owned a GT , i decided to spec out the Ecoboost Premium automatic ,Lightning Blue. Every option was put into it including PP & Magneride. Recaros Midnight Blue & all the tech options with Shaker Pro. The final window sticker number was over 43K. Yes its an inline 4 , but which gives you the most bang for the buck. Sure the Focus RS is 350/350, but 310/350 is not bad either. About 10K difference in price. Fords pricing for the car is in line with its competition. GM will be discounting to entice those who dislike Fords new pricing for Mustang. This being said,decided on the Ecoboost Premium . All my prior mustangs were GT's this will be the first one that is not. :headbang:

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I currently own a 2017 GT non PP Mustang. Nicely equipped. I wanted to change things up a bit . Built a fully loaded GT PP auto , came in over 54K.
According to many members here, the '18 standard, non PP GT suspension is essentially the same as a '17 GT w/PP. Apparently the '18 GT PP is stiffer and more track focused. Admittedly I have no direct knowledge of this...I'm just parroting what I've been reading here.

So by eliminating PP (and therefore giving up Magneride) the savings is about $5700. That puts your GT into the high $40K range.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
According to many members here, the '18 standard, non PP GT suspension is essentially the same as a '17 GT w/PP. Apparently the '18 GT PP is stiffer and more track focused. Admittedly I have no direct knowledge of this...I'm just parroting what I've been reading here.

So by eliminating PP (and therefore giving up Magneride) the savings is about $5700. That puts your GT into the high $40K range.
Correct , you are. I built that GT at $49,770. My 17 GT had a sticker of $45,875 for basically the same car. The new car has that suspension of the 17 GT/PP. The Ecoboost Premium actually costs less than last year , because V6 elimated. The Ecoboost is the bang for the buck Mustang. With V8 power that was in a 2009/10 Mustang. Sure it will never be a V8 but look at what you can put into it for the price. :headbang:
Sponsored