Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

7YearAscent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No way I'd buy a new car without knowing the official specs.:rant:
All we're missing are the hp/torque numbers and gas mileage, correct? And we know they're all improved? I guess it doesn't bother me as much as others...unless MSRP skyrockets
Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Seeing that it says the GT500 "could" debut in 2018, it seems to be speculation. So I would assume the numbers are also speculation.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Seeing that it says the GT500 "could" debut in 2018, it seems to be speculation. So I would assume the numbers are also speculation.
I thought in the past if the number aren't known they will put "est". I see there is an "*" so I think they used that instead if those are estimates. Just look at the Taurus below which was stated to be a guess, all engines have the "*" so I think its the same for the Mustang. I would hope so because 450 seems a little low.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Coyote F150 ONLY got a 10 HP bump,so the 15 HP bump for the Muatang seems right.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
After much thought , i am considering a possible order of a 2018 Mustang this coming Fall. Looking foward to the build & price , so i can set the packages with the overall retail price. When ever it goes live............:cool:

Last edited:

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
So EXCITED for this Tuesday !!! Build-Up & Price goes LIVE woooo !!! All of the secrets will be revealed.

Still hoping there will be a secret unrevealed B&O Play option rather than the horrid and poorly reviewed (many posts on here) Shaker system.

Last edited:

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
OMG 450HP !!! (We shall see on Tuesday)

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
This looks pretty legit. Motortrend always releases their buyer's guide around this time of year.

If only they could have made another 5 Horsepower to match the Camaro.

OP, did you get that in the mail?
Optional Engine 5.0L/460 HP/425 ft-lb V-8*

* Estimated

See how easy that was to squeeze out another 10HP?

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
U guys build and price are live on tuesday, ford never said a thing about hp or tq numbers. Don't be susprised when those r not released yet. I still believe those will be out in August like when the 15 first came out.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I'm still on the fence but an 18 sounds so good. I told myself I would wait until later when they start getting incentives but we all know how that goes

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Camaro guys are taking Motortrends estimates as Bible. Now they claim the OG S550 is .7 seconds slower in the 1/4 Mile than the SS and that the 10 speed won't help in acceleration. I get drinking the Kool aid but they take it to another level.
Just people trying to twist the facts to fit the narrative they want. If you think about it people constantly complain how bad the 5.0 is and how it makes no power but it still is able to move the chassis. I am not sure how that is possible if it makes no torque? :lol:

The 10 speed GT is going to be fast.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I recall they had a track battle with the Camaro (can see it on youtube) - 10 speed v stick and the stick was faster.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I recall they had a track battle with the Camaro (can see it on youtube) - 10 speed v stick and the stick was faster.
They also redid the run with the auto and it was faster, it wasn't on video though.
Sponsored