Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
In 40 years it will be illegal for humans to operate a vehicle. And the word forever has many definitions all meaning the same thing so is until the day I die better?

The end all to autonomous driving via technology is the end of all humans physically driving. I love driving but if I could 100% exchange all the time spent driving every year for something else and be safe while doing it (sleep, work, etc). I would be willing to give up my unprotected right to driving.
Well, since forever hasn't happened yet I must assume that when people say they are planning on keeping a car "forever" they are using hyperbole. Hyperbole - Exaggerated statements not meant to be taken literally.

In any case, I very much doubt that obtaining replacement parts for a Mustang of the current era will be a significant problem during any reasonable or even much extended (30-40 year) service life.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's another one from his twitter account. Really don't get why the EU model was shown in NYC!?
I am not liking how the grill frame protrudes so far, almost to the edge of the bumper. Does anyone know if the bumper/fascia is painted underneath that black protrusion? Much more obvious in bright/light colors.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Oh, seems a little "chicken little".
Like when carbs went to FI or pushrods went to DOHC.
Just the price of admission to technology. I'm not worried and hope this is the best Coyote yet from Ford.
Looking to get back into a Mustang with the 2018. Was hoping for this year but living in the NE USA it will be next year. :(

But I've got 2 of the first generation Ecoboost 3.5's - one in a 2010 Taurus SHO. Currently at 115k and 0 engine issues. The only engine work it needed was a new knock sensor under warranty from Ford.

I also have a 2011 F150 (first year there too) with the Ecoboost 3.5. Currently at 79k and runs great. I bought it used with 48k and as far as I know 0 engine issues there either. It tows our camper just great.

I don't fear the technology and don't think the maintenance issues will be any worse than other cars going forward. Ford knows how to do DI engines and probably has the most of them on the road than any manufacturer.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
One of the most aggressive shots of the 2018 I've seen so far. Looking really sweet in this shot to me. Photo by Dan Jones on Twitter.
Looks like the front grill is a gloss black instead of our textured matte.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This eases my nerves on the new 5.0.

I just hope it doesn't have the same oil consumption issue as the GT350's since it has the spray in bore liner and most likely the same bore size.
I really hope for Ford's sake it won't have oil consumption issues. GT350 owners are more fanatical and willing to put up with quirks and higher maintenance but the average 2018 GT owner won't want to check/top off their oil every 1,000 miles. And if it has issues and they have no idea, there's gonna be a lot of blown motors from oil starvation and recalls to follow. Fingers crossed that Ford gets it as near-perfect as the current 5.0 since it'll be much more widespread.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
In some pics I have seen chrome quad dual exhaust tips and in some other pics, like the Crimson pic above, I have seen a cheaper version that just looks like plain steel?? hmmm... maybe its just a mule testing thing. :shrug:

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Why not go for the trifecta and add throttle body injection!
Yo Dawg, we heard you like injectors, so we put injectors in your injectors!

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In some pics I have seen chrome quad dual exhaust tips and in some other pics, like the Crimson pic above, I have seen a cheaper version that just looks like plain steel?? hmmm... maybe its just a mule testing thing. :shrug:
Or they could just be coated with filth, like the rest of the car.
Sponsored