Sponsored

Ford Becomes #2 in JD Power's 2017 Initial Quality; Mustang Takes Top Quality Honors

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I keep saying this. But any mass produced car. Is going to have issues. It's the luck of the draw on if you get a winner or a clunker. My 45K Camaro SS had the paint start pealing of soon after purchase. This Mustang has been trouble free. Could have just as easily been the other way around. If you want a high quality car. Pony up and buy a Porsche. Not a sports car that's at the average entry level price of any car.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Even with most it's faults, the Mustang is a lot of bang for the bucks. If you get one with no issues, it makes it even better. If you are one of the very few unlucky ones with major issues, there's always the lemon law and you can try again.

From reading on this forum, it seems that there are a huge number of lucky Mustang owners, and very few unlucky ones.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Even with most it's faults, the Mustang is a lot of bang for the bucks. If you get one with no issues, it makes it even better. If you are one of the very few unlucky ones with major issues, there's always the lemon law and you can try again.

From reading on this forum, it seems that there are a huge number of lucky Mustang owners, and very few unlucky ones.
And the unhappy owners are going to be a lot more vocal than the happy ones.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I keep saying this. But any mass produced car. Is going to have issues. It's the luck of the draw on if you get a winner or a clunker. My 45K Camaro SS had the paint start pealing of soon after purchase. This Mustang has been trouble free. Could have just as easily been the other way around. If you want a high quality car. Pony up and buy a Porsche. Not a sports car that's at the average entry level price of any car.
Compound that with the fact the Mustang (at least when equipped with a V6) was barely over 20K. It was a great performer for that price, heck you can't even get a V6 Accord for that much.

When you build on something that is inexpensive to start with, the problems will be exacerbated by the top trim level. My Cobalt SS Turbo years ago was a perfect example of that. Take the mundane Cobalt LS/LT, super cheap, but not crazy squeaky or rattly, for a car that starts at 12K or so. Throw on the SS package which leaves all the cheap interior bits, but with much stiffer suspension, 40 series tires, suddenly the not so squeaky or rattly car is the biggest rattle trap you can imagine.

A GT Mustang will get the same build treatment as a base model v6. I'm sure there are less squeaks and rattles in a v6 Mustang due to the higher profile tires and softer suspension. Panel gaps will be the same...etc. Unfortunately tolerances exist, and are sometimes rather large.

Until the Mustang becomes a 100% hand built car like a Rolls Royce, we're gonna have issues lol.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I think the point is being missed ....

The car doesn't deserve the award. JD Power isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Am I a mustang owner ? Yep. Am I a blind homer ?? Nope.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I think JD Power and similar organizations are about as believable as Consumer Reports. Same as most car magazines. These entities all have something to sell to car makers and that alone makes anything they say highly suspect. All car builders have made a junker at one time or another and some of companies with great reputations have produced some really badly thought out garbage. Looking at you, Porsche.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
This. It's Mahk about Chevy's ahwahds. I especially liked the "Tom Brady wouldn't even take your stupid free truck" award. That's quite an honor!

part 1
[ame]

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
So why does mass produced have to mean shitty? Where is the sloppiness accepted? Is it imprecise machines because when I see footage of those, they seem to be pretty unerring. If it is not that, then it is lazy employees who just slap shit together. That is where this could be fixed. That is what is unacceptable to me-have some pride and consideration for the people buying the car. Honestly, how much more time does it take on an assembly line to make sure something is done right with a fully serviceable part? On my car, how hard would it have been for one guy to notice that the rubber liner for my door panel on the left side was noticeably miscut in one area and make sure a good one was used instead. I bet someone had to put it in there and had to press it in at that location. Pretty damn noticeable if you had to do that. Or the same thing with the part of my visor that is noticeably cracked but I guess that was ok too. I am overall happy with the car, but justifying this obvious stuff because it is mass produced is a cop out by Ford and every other manufacturer. It goes back to actually taking some pride at each step and making that stupid ass sticker on my left back window actually mean something.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
This is a big lie most european model cars are a pain in the arse they are expensive and they are not reliable as many think. If you want reliable cars buy a japanesse car.
They are truly the best.
As of for the mustang i have i see its very well build and have not had any issues with it knock on wood.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

The car doesn't deserve the award. JD Power isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

And your basing that statement on what? You have some personal test data you'd like to share with the rest of us?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
This is a big lie most european model cars are a pain in the arse they are expensive and they are not reliable as many think. If you want reliable cars buy a japanesse car.
They are truly the best.
As of for the mustang i have i see its very well build and have not had any issues with it knock on wood.
I didn't say European. I said Porsche. There is no denying how good they are!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Porsche is European. Their most reliable models are the 911s typically. The gt2 and gt3 are the other exception to the 911s. The rest have more issues from what I've seen

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Ding, ding, ding - thread over.

Agreed.
Sponsored