2018 Performance Pack - A big step BACKWARDS

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big Mustang guy, yet I was considering a deal on a Camaro SS 1LE last night and decided to wait for Mustang pricing. Looks like I can get the better deal with some rebates right now on the Camaro, instead of waiting 6 months for a car no one has driven. Which may or may not top the 1LE in performance.

A 1LE is about 45k while a comparably equipped Mustang is going to be $50k. The 1LE will likely hold its value better as well because it is a somewhat limited run car.

Seriously considering the Camaro SS 1LE now. And I was so excited for the '18 Mustang :frusty:
Also can't get all the comparable features in a base GT...one big one missing. Must go premium to get the Recaro seats, which means you're at over $50k, like you said. Ford...:(
Sponsored

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
I'm a big Mustang guy, yet I was considering a deal on a Camaro SS 1LE last night and decided to wait for Mustang pricing. Looks like I can get the better deal with some rebates right now on the Camaro, instead of waiting 6 months for a car no one has driven. Which may or may not top the 1LE in performance.

A 1LE is about 45k while a comparably equipped Mustang is going to be $50k. The 1LE will likely hold its value better as well because it is a somewhat limited run car.

Seriously considering the Camaro SS 1LE now. And I was so excited for the '18 Mustang :frusty:
I've read that some buyers are getting the ss 1le for just under 40k

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I've read that some buyers are getting the ss 1le for just under 40k
There is a reason for that. It is a GM product after all. Have you sat in one. The interior is for shit! My brother's Vette which is a 2013 is falling apart. Performance wise, yes very nice. Everything else, sux!!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is a reason for that. It is a GM product after all. Have you sat in one. The interior is for shit! My brother's Vette which is a 2013 is falling apart. Performance wise, yes very nice. Everything else, sux!!!!
I'd definitely take a 2nd look at the 1LE if I were shopping in that realm over a GT PP with the comparable options. No question. Despite the poor visibility, meh styling and odd interior, $10k is a lot of money, especially when it performs at the level of the GT350.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
I've driven the Camaro twice trying to fall in love. It's got the big corvette engine, lighter, HUD, magna ride and ridiculous discounts. But... You can't see out of it, the interior is acres of plastic, there's no rear seating all at. Also the engine feels sluggish and slow to rev comparing to the 5.2 fpc - I'll need to test against the revised coyote. Plus the mustang is better looking and less high school transformer toy.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The problem is that PP Mustang is nowhere near comparable to 1/LE.

I get all the Camaro ugliness/interior, but if you're looking at performance, PP Mustang looks laughable being more expensive. I seriously don't know what they were thinking...

Well equipped PP Mustang is encroaching on GT350 territory - if people don't want to talk Camaro - which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that PP Mustang is nowhere near comparable to 1/LE.

I get all the Camaro ugliness/interior, but if you're looking at performance, PP Mustang looks laughable being more expensive. I seriously don't know what they were thinking...

Well equipped PP Mustang is encroaching on GT350 territory - if people don't want to talk Camaro - which is pretty ridiculous IMO.
Even with the improved PP suspension (over the 15-17) and PS4S tires, it won't be at 1LE performance.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question:
How much does the Brembo brakes cost to replace? I really want the magneride but I have to have the PP to have it :(

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question:
How much does the Brembo brakes cost to replace? I really want the magneride but I have to have the PP to have it :(
What do mean... Like new pads?

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What do mean... Like new pads?
Yes. I asked my dad about them and he said they were to expensive but everything I want on the car has to have the PP.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I asked my dad about them and he said they were to expensive but everything I want on the car has to have the PP.
Nah not really that bad. $200 for pads.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nah not really that bad. $200 for pads.
Oh okay. I thought they would be more expensive. What is the most expensive thing you have to do for the Brembo? I'm new to this. I have a 2013 V6 Premium Convertible.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh okay. I thought they would be more expensive. What is the most expensive thing you have to do for the Brembo? I'm new to this. I have a 2013 V6 Premium Convertible.
Buying them lol. When rotors eventually need to be replaced they're a little more, but the calipers are the biggest cost, and those don't need to be replaced.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Buying them lol. When rotors eventually need to be replaced they're a little more, but the calipers are the biggest cost, and those don't need to be replaced.
okay thanks :). I'll have to think about it. I might just go for a '17. Not sure about spending 53k on the specs I want.
Sponsored