Sponsored

2018 Mustang Price List (MSRP/Invoice): EB Starts at $25,585, GT at $35,095

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That moment when the Camaro SS looks like a good deal, lol. Can't wait for the 2020 model. Base V8 price: $38,995 before dest.
How does the SS look like a deal when they are priced similarly with options?

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Pricing is a bit eye popping. I know it's been 3 years, but the Premium Ecoboost now costs what a Base GT did. Well, I guess I'll be picking up the scraps from 15-16s trading up!

Yeah, I get that. But like I said months ago, it's a little harder to haggle a custom order vehicle versus one sitting out on the lot. You kind of give up a lot of leverage when you say "I want to order exactly what I want"
Disagree. Easiest to haggle of course is a dealer dying to move stock, but if you're willing to call around and pick up your car a few hundred miles away it's easy to just go around getting quotes. There are plenty of dealers, though not a majority, that will give a good deal on an ordered car.

Stitches1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado
Yeah, I get that. But like I said months ago, it's a little harder to haggle a custom order vehicle versus one sitting out on the lot. You kind of give up a lot of leverage when you say "I want to order exactly what I want"
I agree. They want the one on the lot gone. A custom order is only going to be on the lot, until the buyer picks it up and won't be sitting there for weeks or longer.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My options brought me to 50,975, but I am frustrated that I use my car in the winter and Ford is not letting you option the PP with A/S tires, so Id end up paying another 1K to change out the tires, I even might be tempted to fork over for another pair of the 19x9 to put in the rear for a square set up. I am not into the staggered look and I want to easily rotate tires.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My options brought me to 50,975, but I am frustrated that I use my car in the winter and Ford is not letting you option the PP with A/S tires, so Id end up paying another 1K to change out the tires, I even might be tempted to fork over for another pair of the 19x9 to put in the rear for a square set up. I am not into the staggered look and I want to easily rotate tires.
Why would you need A/S tires in California? I live in Virginia, and don't need them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Prices will not be the same in every state or city I would have thought the people on Mustang6 would know that
Lol!! Wut??

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
How does the SS look like a deal when they are priced similarly with options?
Okay, I'll bite.

Take a base GT, add the automatic and 301A package

Take a 1SS, add the automatic, leave it.

You've got two vehicles with roughly the same power, automatic transmissions (yes I know, the Camaro is a 8 speed vs 10 speed). Both have touch screen infotainment systems..however..

The Camaro has bigger and better tires (base GT's keep the 235 all seasons). The Camaro has a HUD, LCD display and brembo brakes..oh and is lighter.

..and the Camaro is less expensive.

I really dislike the Camaro, and I mean a lot..I dislike the car as it is, I dislike the community and I REALLY dislike Camaro6.com..but Ford has kind of stepped on their own bit this time.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you need A/S tires in California? I live in Virginia, and don't need them.
Norcal in the early morning and late evening can get cold and I can sense the behavior between the A/S and a Summer only. Also I drive to Utah, Flagstaff, etc during winter and snow.

Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The only price that is really a surprise is the GT Performance Pack at $3995 vs the previous $2995 and the new Ecoboost Performance Pack at $2495 vs the previous $1995.

I haven't spotted any content differences for the 2018 PP's over the previous years except the GT has changed to the Michelin tires.

Also the $2000 round number for the 101A and 301A packages look "not normal" for Ford pricing.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Makes me even happier that I was able to snag a base 2016 for about $28,000!
That's a good deal. It's hard enough finding a base GT where I live for $30k.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I'll bite.

Take a base GT, add the automatic and 301A package

Take a 1SS, add the automatic, leave it.

You've got two vehicles with roughly the same power, automatic transmissions (yes I know, the Camaro is a 8 speed vs 10 speed). Both have touch screen infotainment systems..however..

The Camaro has bigger and better tires (base GT's keep the 235 all seasons). The Camaro has a HUD, LCD display and brembo brakes..oh and is lighter.

..and the Camaro is less expensive.

I really dislike the Camaro, and I mean a lot..I dislike the car as it is, I dislike the community and I REALLY dislike Camaro6.com..but Ford has kind of stepped on their own bit this time.
Exactly.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Ford Mustang GT Pricing

I said it before that this was my fear that prices were going up putting it out of our price range. I know all this can be negotiated down and it's MSRP but it won't be anytime soon. :(

Glad I got my 2017. :D
Sponsored