Sponsored

Pilot Fish / Horse flies

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Anyone experienced these types riding alongside you on the highway endlessly?
It seems to happen to me nearly every time I'm cruising - inevitably someone will pull up alongside and stay there, or hang right in my blind spot...sometimes with a camera phone, sometimes just looking.

At first it was ... interesting - now it's annoying and it's always dangerous to have someone riding alongside for extended periods at highway speeds.

People used to do this in my 392, but not nearly as much as this GT350.

Anyone else experience this? Do you just let them stay there, or..?
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I just floor it. Don't want risk them accidently trade paint.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes. It happens and I agree that it can be annoying after a while, especially on a wide open road.

OP
OP
MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just floor it. Don't want risk them accidently trade paint.
I've tried flooring it - gets me away from them... for 1/4mi.. then they're right back up to me.

I've also hit the brakes... which caused the person to fly by (again they were in a diff lane..) and panic brake and almost crash...

I guess there's no real solution for it other than to just deal with it ... aside from risking a speeding ticket etc.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried flooring it - gets me away from them... for 1/4mi.. then they're right back up to me.

I've also hit the brakes... which caused the person to fly by (again they were in a diff lane..) and panic brake and almost crash...

I guess there's no real solution for it other than to just deal with it ... aside from risking a speeding ticket etc.
That's hilarious. Great idea on braking.

Sponsored

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Set the cruise at 53 mph.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I live in the sticks- most people don't realize what it is. When they do, most people have been respectful and appreciative. Thumbs up, ear cupping to hear it rev, hovering for a bit but not annoyingly...

Kinda related, a trucker at a gas station asked to pull out in front of me just so he could see and hear me pass him. :D

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Evasive action could cause them to do something unexpected - i.e., if you quickly accelerate away or if you brake hard. Best to keep an eye on them and allow them to proceed on their way. I have had this happen and often will just slow down by lifting and then run a few miles an hour slower. They'll get their pictures or fill of the sound soon enough and then be on their way.

One of the nice things about having a relatively unique car is sharing it with others on the road. As long as they're not endangering my car, I appreciate their enthusiasm and let them have their fun.

But, if they are making me uncomfortable, it's easy to just make a turn or pull off at the next exit and get right back on. I consider it sort of like running through the pit lane and asking the grid workers to hold me until there is a gap so I can have more fun. Not really an inconvenience, as I only drive this car for fun and not as a DD.
Sponsored